- Salary To be discussed
- Published on October 10th, 2021
- Add to favorites
As soon as possible
This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize their dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuel us, and moments define us.
As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are temporarily working from home.
Rogers is seeking a Sr. Director, Data & Analytics Architecture reporting to the VP, Ent Arch | Data & Analytics | Corp Systems. This role will have accountability to identify, analyze and support the enterprise’s business drivers via development of enabling data/information strategies, in conjunction with technology leadership. The Director, Data & Analytics Architecture will lead the development and evolution of Rogers data policies and approaches with a goal of supporting data analytics and data science. A data governance practice and standards will be pragmatically defined and managed to derive optimum business value while ensuring data security and privacy requirements are fully met.
The successful candidate will possess exceptional communication skills and technology acumen to drives results, and has the ability to lead through influence, building strong relationships by working collaboratively with all levels of the organization.
• Work across the organization to build and maintain a data strategy that outlines a target architecture and roadmap to maximize the value of information assets via their creation, access and use.
• Work with delivery teams to ensure that system designs comply with target state architecture and help in the selection of product/solutions to deliver business outcomes
• Enabling desired business outcomes through analytics, governance and enterprise information policy.
• Ensure that the architecture is used as a lens and filter to identify, prioritize and execute the data and analytic initiatives with clear line of sight to enterprise strategies and business outcomes.
• Define a data/information governance model supporting all business units.
• Define and maintain information reference architecture, standards and design patterns.
• Lead, as required, and motivate all architects by mentoring and coaching
• Minimum of 10 years experience in technology, with at least 5 years in information system design and architecture
• In-depth experience in designing and implementing big data solutions using cloud native solutions with experience in event-based architecture and data lineage tools
• Experience in designing solutions that leverage machine learning models with real-time decision engines that enable customer centric experiences
• Hands-on experience with implementing data and analytics management programs and data governance practices.
• Knowledge of, and experience in, implementing data security, data privacy and data residency policies.
• Understanding of common information architecture frameworks and information models. Preference given to candidates familiar with TM Forum Frameworx and SID.
• Understanding of data science concepts, as well as MDM, business intelligence, data warehouse design and implementation techniques.
• Exposure and experience with AI/ML.
• Experience with distributed management and analytics in cloud and hybrid environments. Also, an understanding of a variety of data access and analytics approaches (for example, microservices and event-based architectures).
• Experience with data streaming technologies preferred.
• Ability to assess rapidly changing technologies and apply them to business needs.
• Business acumen and the ability to communicate to executives, business domain stakeholders and technical staff alike.
• Must have the ability to consistently and collaboratively resolve issues, mitigate roadblocks, and align teams.
• Bachelor's degree in IT, Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience (required).
Leadership Attributes & Other Critical Competencies
• Proven leader with ability to motivate a team to achieve outstanding results.
• Extraordinary team player that thrives in a fast-paced environment where quality, innovation, speed of decision-making and execution are critical to organizational success.
• Supports and strengthens the corporate brand and company culture.
• Executive presence, with the ability to navigate difficult situations and build relationships via persuasive negotiator skills.
• Brings a high degree of initiative, and is able to work in an ever-changing environment, and is able to manage ambiguity and relentless focus on prioritizing and balancing multiple stakeholder goals.
• Be able to translate the information architecture contribution to business outcomes into simple briefings.
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: No Selection
Work Location: 333 Bloor Street East (908), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Technology & Information Technology
Requisition ID: 220380
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Digital & Technology