This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize their dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuel us, and moments define us.
As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are temporarily working from home.
Rogers is seeking a Solutions Architect - Wireline solution responsible for Carrier and Wholesale clients. Reporting to the Senior Manager - Sales Operation & Solutions, the Wholesale Solutions Architect will be responsible for gathering customer business and technical requirements, designing comprehensive networking solutions, delivering sales presentations, presenting technical information about products and services, conducting product demonstrations, product evaluations, and collaborating on RFP and RFI responses. The candidate must have a strong understanding and experience with OSI layer 1, 2, and 3 networking to satisfy business requirements in multiple verticals, often as a part of a broader solution-selling opportunity.
Possessing an extensive wireline network infrastructure technology and design background, the successful candidate will be seen as a subject matter expert and will have a strong understanding of all aspects of wireline solutions, IP applications, and business requirements as they relate to the customer’s WAN & LAN environments.
The Solutions Architect will support direct wholesales channels and will act as the voice of the customer, facilitating the interworking between sales, product marketing & development, engineering, and other internal resources in support of a positive customer experience.
What you'll be doing:
- Stimulate activity and joint solution selling opportunities for Rogers Wholesale channels to drive results for wireline data solutions in support of sales targets
- Interface with key decision makers (ranging from Carrier Mangers staff up to and including CIOs)
- Deliver solution presentations to a diverse customer audience
- Design differentiated wireline and business productivity solutions that fit customer current and future requirements
- Advance solution specifications internally for product fulfillment
- Gain and maintain a deep understanding of product sets, disseminate to peers and Sales, and provide feedback into their evolution
- Assume the lead for technical responses on RFP, RFQ, and RFI documents
- Complete high-level cost evaluations as required
- Interface with other groups including Network Planning, Transport and IP Engineering, Service Delivery, and Service Assurance
- Identify strategic partnerships and evaluate new partner managers
- Facilitate solution development and deployment of complex data solutions including network connectivity, requirements definition, product testing, pilots, proofs-of-concept, and client trials
What you bring:
- University degree or technical diploma in Engineering, IT, Computer Science, or related field
- 7+ years of work experience in a telecommunication service provider or IT services organization
- Proven record in solution selling and product positioning
- Advanced knowledge of the design and implementation of Ethernet, Internet, MPLS and overall Layer 2/3 WAN/LAN environments
- Advanced knowledge of fiber and copper infrastructure and technology
- Advanced knowledge of transport topologies, equipment, and technology including SONET/DWDM and other optical network services provisioned on-net and on leased facilities
- Working knowledge of IP-based services including SIP & IP Telephony, Microsoft Teams & Office 365
- Excellent business/technical writing and communication/presentation skills
- Excellent skills in translating technical designs into high level network diagrams
- Have active industry related credentials (CCNx, CCDx, CCIE, ITIL, MEF, P. Eng., etc.)
- Ability to sell, persuade and negotiate
- Excellent time management and organizational skills in a fast-paced multitasking environment
- Excellent understanding of market trends and competitive issues
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Visio)
- Use of a personal vehicle for business purposes is required
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 8200 Dixie Road (101), Brampton, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Sales & Account Support
Requisition ID: 237307
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Corporate
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Rogers Communications's offers that may interest you