This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize their dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuel us, and moments define us.
As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are temporarily working from home.
Reporting to the VP, Carrier Roaming and Long Distance (R4B), the Senior Manger, Business Economics is responsible for improving wholesale roaming profitability and performance. This role will include business development responsibilities with connections to Consumer Wireless, Network, Finance, Regulatory and Legal.
What you’ll be doing:
- Assess and refine the multi-year wholesale roaming strategy (600+ carriers) and identify ways to pursue revenue growth with current and new strategic carriers
- Strengthen the wholesale market position. Identify and screen potential business development by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements and financials
- Develop and document portfolio roadmap: Know and foresee the industry trends and track wholesale roaming market share
- Create financial and systemic business models for commercial negotiations and new technology capital programs
- Close new business deals by coordinating requirements, developing and negotiating contracts, and integrating contract requirements with business operations
- Develop negotiation strategies and potentials for business opportunities. Coach team colleagues on the tactics required to deliver the strategy
- Build strong relationships and alignment with assigned carriers. Anticipate/understand carrier’s competitive needs and goals
- Market knowledge of the Canadian, US and International wholesale industry. Deliver global market updates and studies regarding new trends impacting current strategy and/or roadmaps
- Analyze revenue, cost and contribution margin performance. Develop future year projections of market pricing and market share, including contract life cycles management and post implementation reviews
- Lead project teams
What you bring:
- 10+ years of work experience in the telecommunications industry, preferably with experience in financial business case development and growing business lines
- Completion of an undergraduate business or commerce degree
- A professional financial qualification is a strong asset
- Forward thinking with a strong ability to see new trends and quickly translate these trends to the company’s strategy
- Excellent communication and change management skills, with experience facilitating conversations at the senior levels, as well as with carrier partners negotiations
- Proven ability to exercise a high degree of business judgment, sound reasoning and exceptional problem-solving skills
- Experience with successfully leading teams across a large organization through complex multi-stakeholder projects with tight deadlines. A demonstrated collaborator
- Demonstrated business and financial acumen
- Technical aptitude regarding wireless products and devices
- Exceptional proficiency with PowerPoint, Excel, Access and Word
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 1 Mount Pleasant (083), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Sales & Professional Services
Requisition ID: 215187
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Corporate
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Rogers Communications's offers that may interest you