This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize their dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuel us, and moments define us.
As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are temporarily working from home.
Rogers Communications is seeking a Solution Delivery Manager to act as a liaison between business stakeholders and delivery teams within the IT organization. Reporting to the Senior Manager IT Portfolio Delivery, this individual will be expected to act as the lead on various initiatives within the IT wireless Delivery team. This role will be accountable for working closely with our application and internal Technology teams to design, develop and implement system enhancements.
What you will be doing...
- Lead IT wireless related solutions/programs.
- Accountable for threading multi-phased solutions/projects across multiple releases into one coherent solution/program.
- Work with stakeholders and within the team to develop aggressive, yet achievable, delivery roadmaps.
- Accountable for IT HLD (High Level Design) /DDD (Detailed Design Document): content, completion and quality.
- Drive & contribute to project solutions - JAD sessions, responsible for gathering input / documenting HLD.
- When required back-fill role gaps (Sr. BSA, PM, SA - Sr. Business Systems Analysts, Project Manager, Solution Architect) as needed.
- Responsible for facilitating requirements / scope trade-off with application teams, business sponsor, and demand organization.
- Accountable for aligning all technology teams (Digital, Network) when delivering IT solutions.
- Support the SA (Solution Architect) in defining overall solution approach in partnership with Technology stakeholders.
- Support the Project Manager throughout project life cycle.
- Work with Enterprise Architecture and procurement on defining vendor expectations.
- Working with the PM, EM, Application teams and governance in the creation and management of governance/gating artifacts.
- Accountable / responsible for the managing change requests (PCRs).
- Responsible (in partnership with the PM / application teams) for the negotiation of code drop dates in balance with business requested delivery dates.
- Support testing teams/activities: test plan/case consultation and manage defect triage with appropriate application teams.
- Work closely with third party technology vendors; ability to challenge the vendor design to ensure what is being built satisfies the needs of our business partners.
- Liaise with other Technology Solution Delivery groups including the Network and Infrastructure teams to ensure smooth delivery of projects and application support for the business.
- Work with the Consumer Business Unit, Go to Market team, Planning, and Engagement teams to develop realistic project plans that clearly state project deliverables and timelines.
- Manage project and portfolio budgets and assist in managing cost centre financials.
- Coordinate team efforts to resolve complex issues and conflicts and escalate to executive level wherever required.
- Endorse quality, innovation and timely communication of issues / opportunities. Coach team members in delivery, issue management and risk management.
What you have...
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience required.
- 5+ years of experience in the information technology field.
- 3+ years of experience in a project delivery role in a fast paced/agile environment.
- Previous team management experience preferred.
- Previous IT program management experience preferred.
- General understanding of the company’s overall Wireless business operations and products.
- Good understanding of the company’s retail environment and operations.
- Demonstrated ability of successfully leading complex IT projects and programs.
- Ability to successfully implement and control budgets.
- Must be able to effectively communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Must be creative, detail oriented and capable of balancing the “big picture” with meeting the day-to-day needs of the organization.
- Must be able to communicate, present and negotiate at any level of management across the organization.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Exceptional written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Must be familiar and comfortable utilizing the Scrum methodology.
- Ability to inform, educate and influence managers and employees to support goals and initiatives in a matrix environment.
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 8200 Dixie Road (101), Brampton, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Technology & Information Technology
Requisition ID: 239837
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Information Technology & Engineering
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Rogers Communications's offers that may interest you