This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize their dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuel us, and moments define us.
As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are temporarily working from home.
As Senior Manager of Enterprise Risk Management - Financial Risk for Rogers Bank, this position is responsible for supporting foundational elements of the Enterprise Risk Management framework across the Bank. Financial Risk components of this framework, including but not limited to the Risk Appetite Framework, Strategic Risk, Liquidity & Funding Risks, and the concurrent Stress Test (ST), will be key areas of focus for this position.
In support of effective Enterprise Risk Management, this position will;
- Maintain the Bank’s Risk Appetite Framework - ensure an appropriate level of risk capacity and exposure is considered in the establishment, measurement, and reporting of Key Indicators.
- Perform financial risk-related analysis on Strategic Risk management that supports the Bank’s strategy. Perform independent challenge of practices, ensuring that full adherence to the risk framework is obtained and adequate risk governance is achieved.
- Perform independent challenge of Liquidity and Funding Risk management practices, ensuring that full adherence to the risk framework is obtained and adequate risk governance is achieved.
- Perform financial risk-related analysis on new initiatives and business practices that support the Bank’s strategy.
- Support the (ST) program, ensuring compliance with OSFI’s Guideline E-18. Ensure an adequate line of sight to the ICAAP submission, working in close partnership with Finance.
In support of these primary objectives, the Senior Manager of Enterprise Risk Management will;
- Guide the Bank’s first line of defence in the identification, documentation and assessment of critical processes, financial risks and controls.
- Partner with business and direct the effort required to identify key financial risks, defining and implementing key risk indicators that ultimately will enable the Bank to develop and maintain a comprehensive risk appetite statement for financial risks.
- Support the assessment and report of risks associated with new products, systems and/or processes that can expose the Bank to incremental and/or new risks, addressing regulatory requirements regarding change management.
- Review and update the ST Policy accordingly, developing, implementing and communicating the supporting procedures that will form the cornerstone of the ST framework.
- Current and in-depth working knowledge of the implementation and maintenance of the Enterprise Risk Framework in a Federally Regulated Financial Institution (FRFI).
- 7+ years of experience in Risk Management in Canadian or International Financial Services experience.
- Ability to work autonomously, driving commitment and engagement throughout the business, acting as an owner and a hands-on partner.
- Advanced application and senior-level experience in several disciplines of Enterprise Risk Management, including but not limited to; Strategic Risk Management, Liquidity Risk Management, and Credit Risk Management.
- Significant knowledge of regulatory requirements and best practices regarding Financial Risk practices globally.
- Strong understanding of the Basel III regulatory framework.
- Work understanding of IFRS 9 impairment process and RWA/stress testing processes.
- Solid knowledge of capital adequacy regulatory requirements (CAR/BCAR) for capital and liquidity monitoring purposes.
- Highly developed and demonstrated analytical skills, with attention to detail.
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering, Economics or other quantitative fields of study. MBA is desirable.
Schedule: Full time
Shift: No Selection
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 333 Bloor Street East (824), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: No Selection
Posting Category/Function: Banking & Compliance
Requisition ID: 229679
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Corporate
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Rogers Communications's offers that may interest you