This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize their dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuel us, and moments define us.
As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are temporarily working from home.
The Rogers 4 Business IoT team is constantly striving to maintain a leadership position in the IoT market in Canada, and to grow our connectivity and solution partnerships. Rogers has the strongest IoT technical capabilities in Canada with both LTE-M and NB-IoT technologies deployed and the largest 5G network in Canada.
We are looking for a Product Manager who will be accountable for solutions within the emerging market of intelligent solutions for smart buildings. The role is a hybrid one that requires a good balance of business development, partnership development and product management activities. This critical function requires an individual that deeply understands the needs of businesses and the solution ecosystem; can translate customer trends and requirements into long-term solutions which will enhance engagement, help businesses, reduce costs, increase efficiencies and advance their suitability efforts. Is an expert at GTM delivery, as well as commercial packaging & bundling.
The successful candidate should have a demonstrated background in IoT Smart Buildings, industrial automation, product & partner management, business development and understand the eco lifecycles of the Industry; be passionate for how technology solves customer problems and possess a deep understanding of business market dynamics. You have an entrepreneurial mindset capable of operating in a cross-functional environment. You are a leader, a self-starter, and a change agent. An expert collaborator and influencer; you will be responsible for engaging cross-functional teams to deliver the annual plan that will help transform the IoT portfolio revenue streams. You will own the strategic vision for this portfolio and will be operating in an environment rich in autonomy and ability to impact results (both long and short term). You will report to the Director, IoT Smart Cities & Smart Buildings.
Your key accountabilities will be:
Strategy: Maintain, update and improve our strategy for Smart Building solutions that addresses use cases across industries and the varying customer segments. This includes customer needs analysis, market sizing, competitive assessments to identify strategic opportunities that drive business outcomes for our customers. Further, you will need to stay abreast of industry trends, competitive positioning and ecosystem players to be the subject matter expert within the team and own the multi-year plan.
Product Management: You are expected to be a leader of this portfolio and drive profitable growth along side your team. Work with cross-functional stakeholders and ensure full engagement to make certain that any product and service delivered will deliver growth and exceed customer expectations through the end to end processes. You will also be responsible for commercial management to determine pricing strategies across regions, segments and solutions and working with cross-functional stakeholders to support sales opportunities.
Partner Management: Identify and work closely with partners to expand our solutions catalogue with industry-leading partners. Understand existing gaps within the portfolio and find partners that not only address that gap, but also work well to complement existing solutions in the smart buildings’ portfolio. Manage the end-to-end lifecycle of partners including evaluation, onboarding, go-to-market launch, support, and exit as necessary to drive revenue and strong profitability within the IoT portfolio.
Business Development: Implement the sales strategy and necessary initiatives to achieve annual revenue targets. Build strong relationships and work with key stakeholders within the sales, operations and marketing organization - across regions and customer segments. Be creative, own and ensure all supporting activities related to your portfolio - product training, sales collateral, funnel management, deal support and overall engagement.
What you'll be doing:
- Maintain a comprehensive strategy to scale our Smart Building solutions portfolio both for short and long-term opportunities
- Continuously scan the market for industry leading partners and work closely with them to join the Rogers partner portfolio
- Perform competitive analysis both at the domestic and global level, as well as outside the telecommunications industry
- Build high-level execution plans including major tactics, investments, and support required to achieve strategies and revenue targets
- Experience in developing programs/solutions for Industrial automation solutions
- Work closely with Sales and cross functional teams to bring new solutions to market
- Equip Sales teams with the required knowledge and expertise to drive growth across the portfolio
- Pro-actively manage and develop strong relationships within the organization
- Deepen industry relationships and maintain industry expertise through investment in customer relationships, industry associations, and industry conferences/events
- Take on ad-hoc high priority tasks where requested by management
What you bring to the role:
- Experience in the IoT industry or using IoT innovations or products
- Experience in Smart Buildings, Intelligent Solutions & Industrial Automation
- Energetic self-starter who thrives in a fast paced, dynamic environment and within cross functional teams
- Strong interpersonal skills - someone who works well with others and is able to work effectively with all levels of cross-functional teams
- Excellent understanding of business and technology, commercial agreements and negotiations, channel sales and enablement
- Mid-Senior level work experience managing products, managing partners/channel, consulting or business development
- Bilingual in English and French (preferable)
- Here's what you can expect in return:
- A competitive salary and benefits that include access to our Employee Share Accumulation Program, Retirement Benefits and a variety of other perks including 50% off Rogers services and Blue Jays tickets
- A manager who deeply cares about your development and long-term career at Rogers
- A team that trusts and wants to win together
- Smart and accomplished colleagues who are focused on both the “what” and the “how”
- Flexibility to work from home even after the pandemic ends
- Your choice of hardware and software (iPhone or Android/Mac or PC etc.)
- As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are working from home, and are equipped to do so safely and efficiently
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 333 Bloor Street East (012), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Marketing & Product Management
Requisition ID: 237917
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Corporate
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Rogers Communications's offers that may interest you