This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
CityNews Toronto is looking for a producer with proven leadership abilities to help craft the future of local news.
Our fast-paced Toronto newsroom is looking for the next creative, passionate, hard-working producer to be an editorial leader and play a critical role in producing our evening newscasts. The successful candidate will bring fresh ideas to our daily story meetings and collaborate with our stellar team of reporters, producers and writers to help create the best newscast in the city.
Working in a newsroom that overlooks the heart of the city, you’ll lead CityNews Toronto ensuring our coverage stands apart from the competition; and builds upon the unique storytelling style for which Citytv has become famous. Unlike other major-market newsrooms, you will have the freedom to create and innovate on a daily basis, while executing the CityNews editorial strategy. Our vision is that no two shows will look alike.
What you’ll be doing:
- Pitch stories in our daily editorial meetings
- Chase interviews, vet scripts and oversee the multi-platform rollout of content
- Identify creative, unique ways to craft compelling newscasts
- Help lead the creation of our flagship weekday news programs
- Work with newsroom management to execute CityNews strategy
- Help produce or/and lead special projects (ex. Elections, debates, etc.)
- Lead & participate in post-production meetings and feedback sessions
- Be a role model for the newsroom, exemplifying journalistic excellence
- Provide strategic coaching to writing and producing staff
What you have:
- Minimum 8 years of TV news producing or reporting experience
- Experience with live control-room production
- Ability to work individually and part of a team
- Creative vision and keen editorial judgment
- Superior writing, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional communication skills
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 33 Dundas St. East (909), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Broadcasting & News
Requisition ID: 152243
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You can also reach out to our team at RogersRecruiting@rci.rogers.com to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.
Posting Notes: [[req_strategyPage]]
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Rogers Communications's offers that may interest you