This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
CityNews is looking for a next-level journalist for a 12 month contract who isn’t afraid to ditch traditional storytelling methods and your portfolio or demo will prove it. Reporting to the News Director, the successful candidate will create innovative multi-platform local news content.
A link to your demo is required with your application.
- Generates compelling original story ideas and knowledgeable contacts
- Generates compelling multi-platform content
- Gathers and verifies factual information regarding stories through interview, observation, and research
- Screens, selects and edits material from internal and external sources
- Writes engaging, relevant and concise news stories under tight deadlines according to prescribed editorial style and format standards
- Presents scripted and unscripted content live on-air and on other media platforms from remote locations
- Responds to breaking news situations quickly and accurately
- Fluent in social media trends with active accounts
- A desire to learn other roles throughout Rogers Media
- Minimum of 5 years proven experience generating powerful, credible original content
- Relevant degree / diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution
- A person who relentlessly pursues a story beyond the headline
- A person who’s not afraid to question authority to push for transparency
- A person who truly understands multi-platform coverage and doesn’t feel bound by the confines of a typical television reporter package
- A person who won’t let a dead end stop them from producing compelling content
- Excellent knowledge of the cultural and political landscape of Toronto and the GTA
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven ability to work well in a team environment
- Must be able to multi-task and deliver under tight deadlines
- Ability to be flexible in a changing work environment
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: 12 Months
Work Location: 33 Dundas St. East (909), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Broadcasting & News
Requisition ID: 160967
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: [[req_strategyPage]]
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Rogers Communications's offers that may interest you