This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize their dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuel us, and moments define us.
As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are temporarily working from home.
Rogers is seeking an Enterprise Architect to provide architectural support for projects in the Rogers Bank domain. Reporting to the Director of Enterprise Architecture, this individual is responsible for tracking technical and business trends, assessing their impact, and leveraging this information to build project solutions that align to published patterns and approved target architectures. The Enterprise Architect demonstrates technical leadership in project meetings, at governance body committees, and in vendor selection initiatives (RFI/RFQ/RFPs).
- Provide architectural support to assigned projects. Architectural support includes all accountabilities as defined in the SDLC RACI including authoring the Project Solution Architecture (PSA) document.
- Provide leadership and expertise in the development and review of standards, architectural governance, design patterns, and practices
- Contribute to the creation and delivery of intellectual capital asset
- Identify and recommend areas appropriate for further study and participate in any Proof of Concept work required to thoroughly investigate architectural possibilities
- Work collaboratively with various business stakeholders and technology leaders to translate program requirements into scalable technical solutions and system designs
- Responsible for the completeness of all program architectural, and design documentation.
- Research and understand new technology trends and products
- Socialize information on technology trends and products
- Ability to balance tactical needs with longer-term goals.
- Ability to build consensus among diverse stakeholders.
- Ability to author and present information in a clear and concise manner commensurate with the audience’s technical level.
- Be able to translate the architecture to business outcomes
- Proven ability to problem solve, think critically and resolve complex technical/design issues
- Extraordinary team player that thrives in a fast-paced environment where quality, innovation, speed of decision-making and execution are critical to organizational success.
Experience & Education:
- Undergraduate degree in a Computer Science or Engineering discipline preferred.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a large enterprise IT department.
- Data modeling experience is a strong asset.
- Preference given to candidates with a background in telecommunications and/or banking and have worked directly in the domain.
- Proven ability to decompose technical requirements into solution architecture
- Sound knowledge of business/organization, industry best practices, infrastructure, architecture and technology in related areas from an architectural design/solutions perspective.
- Can read and write UML diagrams. Preference given to candidates with experience using Lucid chart/Miro/Confluence/Jira.
- Can demonstrate a good understanding of enterprise design patterns.
- Preference given to candidates with a background in software development.
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 8200 Dixie Road (101), Brampton, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Technology & Information Technology
Requisition ID: 239834
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Information Technology & Engineering
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Rogers Communications's offers that may interest you