This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize their dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
Rogers Sports & Media is looking for a super star to join Sportsnet’s Business Operations & Affairs team in the exciting new role of Director, Sports Gaming. As we expand our foray into Sports Betting, this role will support our existing efforts in the space, providing recommendations to inform and adapt our future Sports Betting strategies. In this role, you will be the subject matter expert responsible for identifying business opportunities, evaluating various partnerships and external considerations, and making key recommendations as we formulate a Sports Betting product vision and comprehensive product portfolio which leverages our strong suite of assets.
This is a unique opportunity to be at the centre of Rogers Media and Sportsnet’s bold strategy of integrating Sports Betting into some of our core consumer offerings and to help us engage with our fans in new and exciting ways.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Own and develop our comprehensive understanding of the Sports Betting ecosystem and partnership opportunities:
- Gain a thorough understanding of potential partners in the Sports Betting ecosystem and ancillary players who could add value to our offering (i.e. additional partners, M&A targets etc.)
- Provide a deep understanding of potential partnership including summarizing key attributes and pros/cons of each partnership opportunity to assist in the formulation of our long-term strategy
- Inform our position on future key deal terms as it relates to our overarching objectives
- Maintain a deep understanding of the betting market, legislative changes and trends to decide which products to pursue and ensuring their success in the market
Assist in decision making and make recommendations surrounding trends shaping the Sports Betting business, our customer future needs, and relevant competitive offerings to develop ways to solidify our position as an important player within the industry:
- Benchmark best in class offerings, products and capabilities in other markets to inform the RSM deal structure and considerations
- In partnership with Rogers Sports & Media’s Sportsnet and Business Development team, develop our key steps and desired outcomes
- Clarify priorities and drive short-term projects and commitments, as well as establish and maintain clear chains of product management and accountability
- Effectively communicate strategies and plans to various stakeholders, including customers, senior leadership, and other areas of the organization
Manage key partnership vetting and relationship management as we establish our entry and future facing strategy surrounding Sports Betting and its related integration:
- In partnership with Sportsnet and RSM leadership, execute and conduct initial meetings with partners
- Maintain day-to-day relationships with partners
- Establish a pipeline of potential future partner meetings;
- Draft term sheets, incorporating preferred structure and all key deal terms
- Manage all follow-ups and track partner considerations across our deal structure evaluation framework
Develop a deep understanding of each of the North American professional sports leagues’ plans as it relates to Betting and our position in this space as a partner and broadcaster to the various leagues:
- Synthesize the implications of the various Leagues’ positions to RSM’s betting strategy and recommend preferred rights strategies with deal construct
- Identify and track the manner in which sports betting data is licensed by sports leagues, the key players and models to acquire required data rights for our betting strategy
- Track all external releases and information as it relates to league rights, content and data strategy
- Manage the resolution of outstanding issues to be resolved with Sportsnet’s league partners and RSM’s stance
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Passion and interest in sports and keen knowledge of Hockey, Baseball, Basketball, Football, etc.
- Demonstrated history of success in bringing a product to market
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to influence others
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills with both internal and external clients
- Driven to continuously establish and improve process
- Experience gathering critical feedback such as product direction, customer usage, customer behaviour and improve offerings with feedback
- Understanding of legislative and regulatory market in both Canada and the United States as it pertains to sports betting
- Proven success in senior product management roles
- Ability to navigate large organizations to optimize for speed
- Obsessed with winning and delighting our fans and customers
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 1 Mount Pleasant (083), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 25%
Posting Category/Function: Project Management & Broadcasting
Requisition ID: 208325
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Media
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Rogers Communications's offers that may interest you