This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Maintainer/Operator - Electrical
• Opportunity to work for global company
• Our culture is inclusive, exciting and performance-driven
• Role based in Labrador City
About the role
We are looking for an Maintainer/Operator - Electrical who can be be highly motivated, adapt to changing situations and priorities, interact well with others and demonstrate the ability to both work independently and to contribute effectively within a team.
The Iron Ore Company of Canada (IOC) is a leading Canadian producer of iron ore concentrate and iron ore pellets that serves customers worldwide. The company operates a mine, a concentrator and a pelletising plant in Labrador City, Newfoundland and Labrador, as well as port facilities in Sept-Îles, Quebec. It also operates a 418 kilometer railroad that links the mine to the port.
This role is a great opportunity to work with the Maintenance team at IOC.
Reporting to the Supervisor at our Labrador Operations, you will be required to:
- Ensure that maintenance activities are safely carried out in a safe and efficient manner
- Work safely through appropriate behaviors and adherence to IOC safety standards.
- Keep work area safe, clean and well maintained. Take timely action to correct unsafe work conditions in the work area.
- Be responsible for the proper operation, maintenance, and control of equipment to ensure production targets are achieved safely and efficiently.
- Communicate all unresolved safety and process deficiencies to the supervisors involved. .
- Maintain a continuous improvement focus by developing and participating in implementation of appropriate solutions to eliminate the issues/problems identified in the work area.
- Challenge the way the work is done.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
Interprovincial Journeyperson Certificate (Electrical) or Electrical Engineering Technology Certificate (EET)
Valid Class 5 driver’s licence
Relevant experience in an industrial environment
Successful applicants must also possess and/or be able to demonstrate:
- Active participation in company safety systems and initiatives
- A proven safe work record resulting from a proactive approach to safety
- Contributions to improvement ideas and solutions in the workplace
- A highly flexible approach to work
- Team membership skills including the ability to work well in a team environment
Where you will be working
The Iron Ore Company of Canada (IOC) is a leading Canadian producer of iron ore concentrate and iron ore pellets that serves customers worldwide. The company operates a mine, a concentrator and a pelletizing plant in Labrador City, Newfoundland and Labrador, as well as port facilities in Sept-Îles, Quebec. It also operates a 418 kilometer railroad that links the mine to the port.
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Our long history is filled with firsts. We’ve developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents. Aluminium and copper, diamonds, gold and industrial minerals, iron ore, coal and uranium: our materials make up the world around us. You’ll find them in smartphones, planes, cars, hospitals and throughout your home.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
So if this sounds like you and the opportunity you are looking for, apply now.
This employer is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Internal reference No. RITM3763030
Other Rio Tinto's offers that may interest you