Senior Back End Developer (Python)
Rhetorik Solutions300 rue Dieppe, Quebec City,QC
- Salary To be discussed
35.00 h - Full time
Day shift work
- Published on September 2nd, 2022
1 position to fill as soon as possible
Rhetorik is opening a new Big Data Software Development studio in Quebec City and is looking for a Back End Developer (Python).
This is your chance to make your mark and create software that reflects your highest standards. This position requires someone who is passionate about Big Data and new technologies, a strong problem-solver, and a team collaborator who enjoys continuous learning.
You are the ideal candidate for this position if you are a motivated and energetic solutions architect who likes to take initiatives and find solutions to several challenges, are thorough, and take a lot of pride in your work.
- Develop a RESTful API to serve data to UIs and third-party integrations,
- Work in close collaboration with our Chief data scientist to prepare and develop machine learning algorithms,
- Define the principles and rules of integration and service-oriented architectures;
- Document and communicate technical concepts in a comprehensive manner,
- Develop solutions that are scalable, maintainable, performant, and secure,
- Solve difficult problems in an elegant way,
- Participate in code reviews,
- Participate and further improve our agile software development processes,
- Balance daily pragmatism with the growth and future vision of the platform,
- Ability to accurately set, manage, and meet deadlines,
- Be generous of his knowledge with colleagues,
- Work in an Agile manner.
- Bachelor’s (or Master) degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or relevant industry experience,
- 5+ years of professional web development experience as a back end developer,
- Hands-on experience with Serverless technologies,
- Hands-on experience working with event-driven or microservices architectures,
- Profound knowledge in a general-purpose programming language, ideally extensive experience in Python,
- Solid understanding of software architecture and software engineering principles,
- Experience in building scalable production services and monitoring performance,
- Experience writing RESTful API endpoints,
- Experience with unit and end-to-end test frameworks and tools,
- Experience working with NoSQL databases (DynamoDB, Redis, MongoDB, etc.),
- Knowledge of web vulnerabilities and experience building secure applications,
- Experience working with ElasticSearch or other search technologies,
- Experience and a good understanding of DevOps tools like Git and AWS ECS,
- Ability to communicate in English.
- Must reside in the province of Quebec to be eligible for tax credits.
Nice to have
- Hands-on experience leading large-scale serverless delivery projects,
- Experience with AWS technologies - Lambda, SQS, API Gateway, Elasticsearch, DynamoDB, etc.,
- Ability to work with other programming languages,
Equal Opportunity Employer
This employer is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Fr : Intermediate
En : Advanced
Internal reference No.
Other Rhetorik Solutions's offers that may interest you