- Salary To be discussed
- Published on January 7th, 2022
- Add to favorites
As soon as possible
This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Medical Office Assistant (1-Year Maternity Leave)
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
LOCATION: Chaparral location - 2110-1800 194 Ave SE
Supporting our sister company, Medicentres.
It starts with you. That's a simple sentence but it says a lot. It reminds each one of us that what we do matters. Medicentres is a growing network of professionally managed healthcare clinics dedicated to providing accessible healthcare to patients across Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, and Ontario. Regardless of your role, you are an integral part of our customer-first team and are guaranteed to make an impact on the lives of Canadians. By choosing to belong at Medicentres, you will join a team of passionate, like-minded people enjoying a challenging and rewarding career in the ever-changing health care industry.
Reporting to the Clinic Manager, the Medical Office Assistant is responsible for providing exceptional customer service to our patients, as well as providing support to physicians and medical staff.
- Answering phones, greeting and registering patients
- Responding to patient enquiries in person and by phone
- Initiating forms, creating billings, and collecting payment for services not covered by insurance
- Escorting patients to exam or treatment rooms and preparing patients for physician.
- Cleaning and preparing exam and treatment rooms between patient visits
- Setting up and assisting with minor procedures including PAPs, pelvic examinations/IUD’s
- Performing diagnostic testing as ordered by the physician including urinalysis
- Performing Blood pressure readings (using automated BP monitor), temperature readings, height and weight measurements as ordered by the physician
- Scheduling and notifying patients of appointments
- Scanning patient documents into electronic medical records as required
- Opening mail, receiving faxes, and distributing as appropriate
- Completing daily, monthly and weekly chore lists as required
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Required Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Medical Office Assistant Qualification is an asset.
- Recent customer service experience
- Experience with Med Access or Electronic Medical Records
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Job Location
- Calgary, Canada
- Position Type