This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Revera is a leading provider of seniors’ accommodation, care and services; built on a more than 50-year history of helping seniors live life to the fullest. We reward excellence and provide exciting opportunities to contribute, grow and advance. Whether you're looking for full-time or part-time employment, a student placement, or a volunteer position, Revera offers many rewarding opportunities. Explore what we have to offer and see how you can succeed
THIS IS A ONE YEAR CONTRACT POSITION!
Reporting to the Regional Director of Operations, the Regional Manager of Clinical Services is responsible for the effective and efficient operation of all aspects of the Nursing/Clinical Programs within the homes, as well as the implementation and sharing of policies/programs related to clinical services.
- To promote compliance with regulatory requirements and Revera clinical standards
- To ensure the effective operation and Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) of the homes
- To ensure the follow-up of high risk clinical issues
- To educate, orientate, coach, mentor and support the homes' management and care teams through clinical consultation with the DOC (and ED, PD as applicable)
- To support the professional practice of the Directors of Care, and assist the DOC in their oversight of Registered Nurses and the care practice of Unregulated Care Providers (UCP)
- To assist in the implementation of new clinical programs & in the revision and update of clinical programs;
- To build the capacity, skills & knowledge of the above employees
- To provide innovative suggestions to assist with the overall implementation of new concepts in order to minimize the potential negative perception of change
- To ensure CQI & Accreditation programs are managed in accordance with Revera standards, policies & practices, and in compliance with legislative and regulatory requirements
- To effectively represent the interests of the organization in all interactions with major external stakeholders
- To ensure that appropriate security levels and access authorities are in place and maintained in accordance with policies, practices and standards
- To orient, coach & mentor new Directors of Care; provide professional consultation to the DOC for their orientation, mentoring, and coaching for all nursing roles
- To provide clinical education
- To ensure regional / site involvement with, and representation on, applicable regulatory committees
- To coordinate and initiate research, abstracts, conference submissions within designated region, in conjunction with the Regional Director of Operations;
- To orient RN's through regional orientation programs
- To monitor and analyze CQI and clinical initiatives
- To effectively represent the interests of the organization in all interactions with major external stakeholders;
- To support sites in meeting clinical regulatory requirements
- To liaise with regional representatives of national clinical contracts
- To uphold and promote the organization's values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera's Code of Conduct.
- To complete all other duties as assigned.
- Minimum five (5) years combined experience in a long term care setting at the senior management level
- Demonstrates strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in a second language is considered an asset
- Able to travel as required and in possession of a valid driver's licence
- Registered Nurse with current registration with the Provincial licensing body
- RN/BScn with continuing education in gerontology, nursing administration, rehabilitation, long term care or equivalent;
- Masters degree preferred
- Current CPR certification
- Computer proficiency (Microsoft Office applications)
- Based on Operational needs may require: Strong knowledge of RAI-MDS; previous experience in teaching RAI process
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request. Please Note: If you are a current employee of Revera and have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, please apply to this job via the Workday application.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Revera Inc.'s offers that may interest you