This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Revera is a leading provider of seniors’ accommodation, care and services; built on a more than 50-year history of helping seniors live life to the fullest. We reward excellence and provide exciting opportunities to contribute, grow and advance. Whether you're looking for full-time or part-time employment, a student placement, or a volunteer position, Revera offers many rewarding opportunities. Explore what we have to offer and see how you can succeed
Reporting to the Environmental Services Manager, the Environmental
Services Assistant executes routine repairs and carries out minor maintenance operationswith a focus on providing superior customer service to our residents. Key Responsibilities
-Executes routine repairs and carries out minor maintenance operations to electrical, mechanical plumbing equipment and building;
- Paints, performs minor carpentry and maintains exterior grounds except those services performed under service contract;
- At regular intervals, inspects the entire premises from a maintenance and safety standpoint and files required reports with supervisor;
- Adheres to established facility policies and procedures, including safety rules and safe working practices;
- An employee, while assigned handyman responsibilities, will continue to fulfil all housekeeping and maintenance duties as required;
- Work in a position of trust with vulnerable adults (residents);
- Uphold and promote the organization's values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera's Code of Conduct;
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Must have the ability to follow oral and written instructions in English
- Ability to self regulate and work independently - Must be capable of performing necessary physical duties including the movement of heavy objects - Must be familiar with and able to carry out minor repairs to facility and equipment
- Knowledge and training in plumbing, electrical, heating, water, gas, mechanical, plastering and painting
- Able to maintain and manage a budget
- Detailed oriented with ability to track work done and record costs
involved - Knowledge of Health and Safety
- Must provide a complete and current (within six months) Vulnerable Sector Check (including a Criminal Background Check) or be willing to
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request. Please Note: If you are a current employee of Revera and have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, please apply to this job via the Workday application.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Revera Inc.'s offers that may interest you