This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Revera is a leading provider of seniors’ accommodation, care and services; built on a more than 50-year history of helping seniors live life to the fullest. We reward excellence and provide exciting opportunities to contribute, grow and advance. Whether you're looking for full-time or part-time employment, a student placement, or a volunteer position, Revera offers many rewarding opportunities. Explore what we have to offer and see how you can succeed
At Revera, long term care is all about helping our residents live life to the fullest extent possible by supporting their health and well-being. We care passionately about providing excellent care and service to all those we serve. We nurture friendships, offer security and peace of mind, and create vibrant, rewarding communities. We believe we work in our residents' homes, and strive every day to help them feel comfortable through our person-centred approach. Long term care is a special place to work and for many of us -a calling.
Join us as a passionate leader to oversee and manage the nursing program at one of our vibrant Long Term Care communities. As an expert clinician, you are able to strategically guide and support a team of talented healthcare professionals who have a strong desire for delivering exceptional care. As a specialist in your field you have the ability to manage multiple priorities and the complex care needs of residents.
Learn more about the exciting role of a Director of Care. Say hello to Lisa: https://youtu.be/ccAiYinHe6o
In this role you will be focused on:
- Providing leadership, coaching and support to the nursing staff
- Achieving Resident Satisfaction and Employee Engagement targets
- Meeting or surpassing all quality indicators for residents in accordance with company and Ministry guidelines
- Achieving regulatory compliance in relation to health care records and safekeeping of drugs and narcotics
- Meeting or exceeding department annual budget
What You Will Do:
Collaborate - Work with the multidisciplinary team along with residents and families to customize care plans
Manage - Available funding and a team of nursing staff to ensure high quality compassionate care to our residents
Comply - with required company policies, Provincial regulations and applicable legislation
Lend a Helping Hand - Take a hands-on approach to leading, mentoring, and helping the team as required
Cultivate - Hire, train and engage a team of clinical staff to deliver care in a unionized environment
Respond with HEART - Hear, Empathize, Acknowledge, Respond, Thank
What You Bring:
- Degree/Diploma in Nursing
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience working as a Registered Nurse in a managerial or supervisory capacity in a health care setting
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience working as a Registered Nurse in the long-term care sector
- Current registration as a Registered Nurse with the applicable Provincial licensing body is required as well as the successful completion of Nursing Unit Administrator Program
- Current C.P.R. designation is required
- Values of Respect, Integrity, Compassion & Excellence
- Must provide a complete and current (within six months) Vulnerable Sector Check (including a Criminal Background Check) or be willing to obtain one.
What We Offer:
- Support from your Regional and National Team
- Technology to help you do your job better
- Benefits and Pension Package
- Better work life balance
- Vision to support Person Centered Care
What are you waiting for?
Join us in celebrating the ageless spirit of people through service and innovation.
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request. Please Note: If you are a current employee of Revera and have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, please apply to this job via the Workday application.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Revera Inc.'s offers that may interest you