- Salary To be discussed
- Published on January 7th, 2022
- Add to favorites
As soon as possible
This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Location: Belleville, ON (Kingston Branch)
Reports to: Operations Manager
For the past 50 years, Reliance Home Comfort has been the industry leader in providing home comfort solutions to over 1.9 million customers across North America.
Reliance™ has been providing affordable, reliable home and business heating, cooling, hot water, water purification, electrical, plumbing & Smart Home products & services. Our customers know they can count on us for fast, friendly, knowledgeable service and advice - and that’s comfortable!
Our organization has grown exponentially in size, and we are incredibly proud to be recognized by:
- Waterstone Human Capital Ltd. as Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures (2X winner)
- Waterstone Human Capital Ltd. for Canada’s Most Admired CEO (Sean O’Brien)
- Glassdoor as “Best Places to Work in Canada”
Each day, 2,400 Reliance Team Members focus on delivering an outstanding customer experience, prioritizing health & safety, and giving back to the communities where we live and work. In 2020 alone, we donated over $750,000 to United Way, Habitat for Humanity, and other local charities.
Reliance is passionate about our team members’ growth and success. We proudly offer a Technical Training Assistance Program, access to tuition reimbursement and additional paid apprentice leave for eligible team members. Progressing team members’ careers helps us maintain our reputation of having the most knowledgeable technical Team Members in the HVAC industry.
- Must provide proof that you are fully vaccinated as defined by the Provincial Ministry of Health
- Must be certified 306A Plumber
- 5+ years in Plumbing would be ideal
- Must have a driver’s license with clean drivers abstract
- Must be physically capable of performing all work required of this position
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Experience in Refrigeration, HVAC, Electricity, and Mechanics an asset
- Represent Reliance in a professional, courteous and customer service-oriented manner on each and every call.
- On-site problem diagnosis, accurately estimate repair costs, fixed right the first time and continual value-added communication with the homeowner
- Install, maintain and repair all types of piping systems, fixtures and other equipment used to distribute, supply or dispose of water or wastewater, including fixtures systems and appliances in residential buildings
- Explain, educate, and promote the value of Reliance’s products, services, and programs on every call.
- Locate and mark positions for pipe connections, passage holes and fixtures in walls and floors
- Cut opening in walls and floors to accommodate pipe and pipe fittings
- Measure, cut, bend and thread pipes using hand and power tools or machines
- Join pipes using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement or soldering, brazing and welding equipment
- Test pipes for leaks using air and water pressure gauges
- Set priorities and work assignments to meet established deadlines
- Perform diagnostics, repair, maintain, service and install equipment in accordance with manufacturer specifications
- Adhere to all safety rules and procedures and relevant regulatory requirements.
- Perform general and specific equipment inspections
- Correctly instruct customers on proper care and maintenance
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of all modern equipment and regulations
- Explain the value of Reliance products, services and programs on every call
- Perform other duties as required by supervisor or designate
**In addition to Reliance's competitive base wage for this position, we are proud to offer 5% commission for all chargeable plumbing work!
Please note that this position requires a Criminal Background Check and Driver’s Abstract be completed for potential candidates. This check must be satisfactory in order for an employment offer to be extended unconditionally.
Reliance Home Comfort is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds including minorities and those with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.