This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
What is the opportunity?
The Trading and Execution Services, QTS Group is seeking a Senior Performance Engineer to work with Dev Lead/Manager, business partners to performance test latency sensitive applications. This is a fast pace business with frequently changing needs and requirements and is an ambitious role that will create a vital link between Development, Functional QA, DevOps, Infrastructure and Support teams. The ideal candidate has strong technical skills and enjoys solving complex problems across components and technologies. If you are looking for a challenging experience with opportunity to develop and support solutions across a variety of technologies then we want to hear from you.
What will you do?
- Work closely with Dev Lead/Manager and business partners to formulate application performance test plans.
- Run tests, produce reports and present to Dev Leads/Business for analysis.
- Review and comply with Firm Policies applicable to your business activities
- Escalate operational risk loss events, control deficiencies and risks that you identify to your line manager and the relevant risk and control functions on a timely basis.
- Maintain and support quality engineering automation infrastructure
- Develop processes and automated responses to identify and address reliability risks, improve performance, availability to optimize infrastructure utilization and cost
- Code solutions to support Operations and Development and resolve environment related issues
What do you need to succeed?
- Post-secondary education ideally specializing in Computer Science
- hands-on experience with Splunk, Cassandra and Kafka a major plus
- FIX protocol experience
- Experience in the Equities Electronic Trading space
- Unix/Windows system experience is preferred
- Quick learner with ability to pick up new technologies/skills and business knowledge
- Highly motivated with the ability to work independently and effectively
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment with exceptional communication skills
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Gain experience and domain expertise in Capital Markets Trading environment.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada’s largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
Address: 155 Wellington St West
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salary + Variable Bonus
Required Travel (%): 0
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 04/06/2021
Req ID: 327690
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other RBC's offers that may interest you