This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
What will you do?
As a visual designer on our team, you can instinctively weave iconography, typography, colour, space and texture together to simplify and improve how our customers navigate our products and services. You’ll use your expertise to delight users with designs that inspire, engage and excite.
You’ll be comfortable within agile team environments and an iterative process, you’ll collaborate with interdisciplinary team members and stakeholders as you analyze, design and convey your mobile and responsive design vision. A natural problem solver, communicator and facilitator, you’ll be involved in every step of the process from idea generation to implementation.
What you would work on
Visual Design Strategy
- Understand visual-spatial displays, and use that understanding to improve user comprehension, and improve task performance
- Create visual components considering the broader context, to be used in multiple situations, to bring about efficiency and consistency
- Use dynamic visualizations to support analytic thinking with large data sets
- Facilitate ideation sessions and collaborative work activities
- Presents visual design work to more senior stakeholders
Visual Design Creation
- Use a comprehensive understanding of visual design theory, research data and best practices to inform design decisions
- Design high complexity visual artifacts for digital media (web or native app) to exchange information, elicit emotion and facilitate interaction
- Create complex low-fidelity sketches, hi-fidelity mock-ups and prototypes to communicate intent, or delivery specifications for development
- Facilitates design critique, evaluate visual designs for inclusivity and provide expert advice and guidance to cross-functional teams
- Contribute practical direction to the larger design team on RBC’s visual communication standards, tools, channels, and processes
Research and Testing
- Facilitate usability testing
- Participate in or initiate research activities
- Research visual design and communication strategies in the financial services sector and perform competitive audits pertinent to specific design or business goals
- Perform visual design audits where appropriate
What’s in it for you
- You’ll find yourself in a culture where designers feel included, valued, and heard; in a supportive environment surrounded by peers who exceed in their area of expertise.
- You’ll work on solutions used by millions of people and contribute to a company that truly values customer experience and remains a Global Digital leader.
- You’ll be part of team that’s pushing the boundaries of digital product design as we strive to improve the lives of the people and communities we serve.
- Work/life balance is important to us; you will be part of a company that values your time.
What you need to succeed
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), HCI, CS, or a related field or equivalent experience
- Portfolio that includes web and/or mobile design samples
- Solid knowledge of design tools (Sketch, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and presentation software) and principles (typography, grid systems, visual hierarchy, colour, white space, etc.)
- Understanding of responsive design
- Experience in the agile process
Nice to have
- Experience designing outstanding digital products and experiences
- Proven ability to communicate conceptual ideas and design rationale, all within a user-centered design process
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build good working relationships
- Knowledge and/or experience in the agile process
Learn more about RBC Tech Jobs
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada’s largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
Address: 121 King St. West
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salary + Variable Bonus
Required Travel(%): 0
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 04/30/2021
Req ID: 322076
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other RBC's offers that may interest you