This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
What is the opportunity?
As the Finance Advisor of Business Strategy & Performance Management (BS&PM), TI Europe & Asia (TIEA) and TI RBCC the incumbent will proactively manage the finance advisory and support activities in driving value to the organization. Become an integral part of the tower(s) respective senior management teams and assist them in managing their financial goals, meeting plan and efficiency management targets, and implementing business strategies and initiatives. Be results oriented and ensure the execution of the day to day activities while balancing the strategic aspects of the role.
What will you do?
- Responsible for the end to end financial oversight of assigned tower(s) through: financial planning, budgeting and forecasting, monthly monitoring, reporting and variance analysis, opportunity spotting and validation of cost/efficiency management initiatives, new business case analysis (PAR’s), the tracking of approved business case spend (project tracking) and spend with large vendors (contracts).
- Responsible for ensuring the active financial management activities supporting the tower(s) are aligned and contribute to the financial management of TI and T&O holistically through a one TI, one T&O and one RBC approach. Drive active communication and collaboration with other finance leads in ensuring the successful execution of this holistic approach. Collaborate with the Performance Management (PM) teams in ensuring all deliverables are met and TI commentary is insightful and articulated clearly.
- Deepen relationship with IT/Business managers through regular interaction to hold them accountable and ensure their ownership of their budget and to assist them in optimizing the costs under their purview.
- Responsible for assisting the business in sizing and implementing strategies, projects, and initiatives to enhance transparency and governance over IT infrastructure spend.
- Responsible for identifying and understanding the cost drivers of the towers including but not limited to the volume growth comparison to cost growth and establishing metrics surrounding such drivers to track business performance.
- Responsible for encouraging and embedding a culture of financial discipline in the infrastructure teams supported by this position through proactive communication, education and utilization of various financial processes and tools.
- Responsible for ensuring overall framework of compliance with large vendor contract PARs, building understanding of key financial contract terms, and reporting on related expenses and credits.
- Work independently to identify governance, efficiency management, and financial process issues; and proactively work to address them by engaging cross-functional expertise as required.
- Proactively look for the ways for automation, standardization and removing any redundancies in financial processes within Finance and TI.
What do you need to succeed?
- 3+ years’ experience in relevant finance/accounting capacity
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint capabilities
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking and problem solving capabilities
- Process improvement and change management mindset
- Excellent advisory, communication, and collaboration capability
- Excellent Finance Designation Preferred – MBA, CA, CMA or CGA
- Knowledge / Background in the Technology environment
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in an agile, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- The opportunity to interface with senior level executives from many different parts of the organization
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.
Address: 88 Queens Quay W
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salary + Variable Bonus
Required Travel (%): 0-25
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 10/21/2020
Platform: CFO Group
Req ID: 282100
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other RBC's offers that may interest you