This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
What is the opportunity?
The Technology & Operations (T&O) Innovation team operates as a startup within the bank with a mission to keep RBC as an undisputed leader in innovation & technology. The T&O Innovation team contains special expertise in the areas of modern and emerging multi-cloud technologies (for consumption as well as creation of reusable cloud services) Reliability Engineering and lean product techniques. The Innovation team will partner with key stakeholders across the bank to accelerate the early stages of development using a data driven iterative process applying the scientific method to learn our way experimentally.
What will you do?
- You enjoy solving business challenges through innovative technology, working on cutting-edge, industry defining projects that move the needle.
- You will work with your tech lead, and senior developers in an innovation labs environment, with majority of your role being hands-on code.
- You will work with your team to partner with product owners, tech leads and SMEs to collaborate with stakeholders, and iteratively deliver and adapt based on evolving requirements.
- You’ll bring a passion for next-gen technology, solving problems, and building solutions
- Use various techniques and tools to deliver technical solutions to match business requirements and project deliverables, as well as proactively manage backlog following agile practices.
- You will be working on a small agile team with a startup mentality, and contribute to a team that fosters a culture of failing fast to succeed, experimentation, iteration, and agility.
- You will contribute to the development capabilities, frameworks of success for the team, while also ensuring quality of code, test reports and code review, while ensuring all code delivered aligns to RBC best practices
- Foster a culture of self-improvement and learning for the development community within our team, and broader RBC.
- Undergrad degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years hands-on experience in modern software development practices
- Hands-on experience with multiple languages, frameworks and runtimes from the front end to the back end: e.g. React, Node, Python, go, swift, java, relational and NoSQL databases, Serverless, containers etc.
- Experience in iterative-based delivery of solutions with unfinalized requirements
- Adept at handling ambiguous or undefined programs, as well as the ability to think abstractly
Nice to Have
- An interest in research and industry trends within domains/competency and ensure that projects are leveraging the best available tools and techniques
- Experience with incubation and delivery of greenfield technical solutions
- Some experience with data driven, experiment-based practices
- Experience consulting with stakeholders on adoption, change management and end-user experiences that your solutions deliver.
Learn more about RBC Tech Jobs
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.
Address: 88 Queens Quay West
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salary + Variable Bonus
Required Travel(%): 0-25
People Manager: Yes
Application Deadline: 04/30/2021
Platform: Technology and Operations
Req ID: 328370
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other RBC's offers that may interest you