This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
What is the opportunity?
The Director, Solutions Architect will play a key role in shaping the strategy and implementation of Enterprise Data Products and their integration with applications across the enterprise. In this role you will partner with business stakeholders, technology leadership and development teams to drive the development of end-end-to solutions. You will develop application roadmaps and provide technical leadership to key strategic and transformative programs that have an impact across RBC. You will primarily be responsible for the creation and rationalization of solutions as well as the communication of the same to both business and technology stakeholders and providing guidance to the delivery teams for its implementation.
What will you do?
- Work with technical teams and business partners/specialists across application groups and 3rd parties to understand the current state and identify constraints in defining the future state architecture for applications & related interfaces.
- Define end to end technical solutions that take into account the enterprise architecture strategies and the current state environment. Analyze the viability of the solution to meet product timelines, budget and quality. Present the solution to different stakeholders and certification boards, including the Architecture Review Board, as needed.
- Collaborate with business and technology partners to translate features and requirements to technical design and act as the lead technical authority on the program or project.
- Work with Data Architecture, Security Architecture, Infrastructure SME’s and project teams to ensure all aspects of the architecture are defined in conjunction with RBC standards, policies, priorities and best practices.
- Facilitate small to large group meetings for reviewing technical architecture, decision making and problem solving.
- Manage the application portfolio in terms of technology currency, business agility, technology evolution, business fit, opportunities to improve efficiencies and TCO.
- Develop the architecture artifacts (Architecture Blueprint, Architecture Decisions, Application Roadmap) based on RBC practices and review with Enterprise Architecture, Lead Architects, Business Architects and key program stakeholders.
- Design, develop and lead PoCs in collaboration with development teams to evaluate new technologies, tools and solutions.
What do you need to succeed?
- 5+ years of architecture experience implementing solutions on large projects with solid understanding on data, security, resilient systems design, integration and application development
- Solid experience with a variety of technologies/frameworks like NoSQL, Spark, micro-services, and design approaches including event-driven architecture, cloud-based deployments, REST/API first applications, Service Oriented approaches, Streaming, Mobile technologies
- Very proficient and enthusiastic in doing hands-on work, if needed, to support PoCs and guide development teams
- Experience with designing and implementing cloud-based architecture solutions in public cloud platforms
- Strong leadership skills and demonstrated experience with program/projects involving complex integration of technologies/platforms across functional technical teams
- Capability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and relationships with global architecture areas, Application Development, Technology &Operations management, Global Technology Infrastructure, and others
- Experience in the financial industry and a consulting background
- Experience with digital channels technology design and development
- Familiarity with Design Thinking and Customer Centric Design
- Ability to quickly evaluate options, make decisions and execute within an intense technology environment with multiple stakeholders
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
Learn more about RBC Tech Jobs
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.
Address: 88 Queens Quay W
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salary + Variable Bonus
Required Travel(%): 0-25
People Manager: Yes
Application Deadline: 10/31/2020
Platform: Technology and Operations
Req ID: 283222
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other RBC's offers that may interest you