This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
What is the opportunity?
An integral part of the SAP BASIS Team, the BASIS and Security Consultant works with both project and resiliency teams to ensure change and security standards are maintained. Must be able to work independently with minimum direction and automate regular processes as required. In addition the role is responsible for preventive maintenance activities such as support pack / plug-in implementations, kernel upgrade, OSS Note application. Please note that off-hours and weekend work will be required.
What will you do?
- Manage change processes within SAP Landscape and SAP Infrastructure according to accepted policy and procedures
- Manage development life cycle and deployment process leveraging Solution Manager ChaRM processes in collaboration with development and maintenance teams
- Provide support to user security management team on roles and authorization issues
- Coordinate periodic evaluation tests to ensure access provided to users are in compliance with security requirements as part of the overall business process control environment
- Automating administrative and operational systems support functions
- System Administration of SAP ABAP and Java Stack
- Maintain SAP HANA platform on LINUX operating system
What do you need to succeed?
- Minimum 5 years of progressive SAP administration experience with at least 1 full lifecycle SAP implementations (post-GoLive production support required) in various SAP environments
- Proven in-depth experience understanding of SAP Change Management Process (CHARM)
- Proven experience with SAP technical upgrades, Enhancement Package installation and/or System Copies and migrations
- Administration experience 2+ years of SAP Solution Manager with Central monitoring, Software Updates, Maintenance Optimizer System Landscape Maintenance, E2E Monitoring setup for ABAP and JAVA, Application Performance Management and ChaRM
- SAP security administration experience with 1 full lifecycle SAP implementations (post-GoLive production support required)
- In-Depth understanding of role-based access security controls; position based roles, user based roles, structural Authorizations and Enterprise Portal roles
- Good understanding and experience in both technical and functional aspects of SAP Security
- Expertise in SAP BW and Business Objects and/or Data Services
- Experience in Configuration and administration of PI components (SAP Web AS ABAP/Java, Integration Engine, Adapter Engine etc)
- Database experience with IBM DB2 on IBM AIX platform
- Experience with Solution Manager ALM and Authorization concept
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
- Access to a variety of job opportunities across business and geographies
Learn more about RBC Tech Jobs
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.
Address: 120 Western Parkway
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salary + Variable Bonus
Required Travel(%): 0
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 08/07/2021
Platform: Technology and Operations
Req ID: 376878
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other RBC's offers that may interest you