As a key member of a professional team charged with building and managing a high performance investment counseling franchise, the Associate Portfolio Manager (APM) works with experienced Investment Counselors to construct customized investment strategies for high net worth individuals, trusts, and charitable foundations. The Associate Portfolio Manager role is intended to be a long-term support role and has responsibility for assisting Investment Counselors in implementing the strategy and managing and monitoring the client’s portfolio on an ongoing basis.
What will you do?
- Pro-actively identify, investigate and resolve client inquiries and provide the Investment Counsellors with recommendations for resolution for complex situations
- Develop, document and maintain a profile for each client including next steps to increase and solidify the relationship
- Attend client meetings as required, including prospect and annual review meetings
- Assist in the construction of customized investment strategies, models, proposals, and action plans for existing and potential clients
- Implement action plans and pro-actively manage client portfolios to ensure highest level of return and service to the client
- Monitor and rebalance portfolios to ensure they are managed consistently with current Investment Policy Statements and portfolio risk management strategies and policies
- Act as the primary contact for the client on portfolio related issues
- Attend analyst presentations related to investment analysis and strategy
- Ensure that client portfolios are structured and managed within parameters outlined in the Investment Policy Statement
- Review and respond to risk management reports
What do you need to succeed?
- Excellent written, verbal, and electronic communication skills in both English and French
- University Degree (Preferably in Business and/or Economics)
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation
- Canadian Investment Management (CIM) designation would be an asset
- Canadian Securities Course
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designation would be an asset
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive and high-performing teams
- Opportunities to building close relationships with clients
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada’s largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit .
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
Address: Complexe Jules Dallaire
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salaried
Position Level: PL08
Required Travel(%): 0
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 2018-03-04
Req ID: 156186
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other RBC's offers that may interest you