This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
What is the opportunity?
The business analysis lead for OTC derivatives reporting leads all business requirements to ensure RBC remains compliant with the G20 OTC derivatives trade reporting rules
As a team lead, they will oversee a team of BA’s and support requirements building, root causes analysis, internal and external trade reporting inquires, and data remediation. They do this by nurturing talent and culture, facilitating learning and knowledge sharing, and applying their functional and technical expertise.
What will you do?
- Through managing a team of business analysts, manage all new and change requirement to support G20 reporting for all OTC derivative asset classes and reporting jurisdictions
- Evaluating business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions
- Work with a vendor, internal development teams, Operations, and compliance teams to design effective programming and software changes
- Integrate new business requirements into production environment seamlessly
- Observe and Identify all current and potential failures, support remediation activities
- Accurately log all requirement artifacts in company records to be utilized in future client projects
- Predict resources needed to reach objectives and manage resources in an effective and efficient manner
- Prepare budget based on scope of work and resource requirements
- Perform data analysis on transaction and trade data to support effective requirement building and remediation activities
- Support IT Development and QA teams in testing, defect root cause analysis
- Global Compliance leads for US, Canada, Europe, Hong Kong and Australia
- Directors and Managing Directors of Operations in OTC Commodities, Credit, Equities, FX and Interest Rates
- Various IT groups in the organization
- Client reference data groups
- SDR (Swap Data Repository) - DTCC
What do you need to succeed?
- Hold a university degree and or equivalent work experience
- Excellent business communication and stakeholder management skills
- Broad knowledge of OTC derivative products
- In depth understanding of CFTC, CSA, ESMA, ASIC and HKMA reporting rules
- Ability and experience leading a team of business analysts in capital markets
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Have a common sense mentality, confident and high sense of urgency
- Experience analyzing trade data using SQL
- Understanding of FPML constructs
- Experience working with a GTR (DTCC, Unavista)
- Customer & Client focused
- Good problem solving skills
- Abide by RBC’s values and leadership model
Nice to Have
- Experience in other regulatory rules (e.g. Mifid)
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada’s largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
Address: 155 Wellington St West
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salaried
Position Level: CM - Vice President
Required Travel(%): 0-25
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 12/31/2020
Req ID: 283347
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other RBC's offers that may interest you