This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Line of ServiceAdvisory
SpecialismFraud, Investigations & Regulatory Enforcement (FIRE)
Job Description & SummaryA career in our Forensic Services practice, within Forensic Accounting services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients understand where they might have vulnerabilities and develop solutions to manage the risks involved. We prevent, respond to and remediate a wide range of business threats, risks and complex issues.
Our forensic specialists provide solutions and support for clients dealing with regulatory and crisis situations. As part of the team, you’ll help provide support to our clients who wish to investigate potential financial crime, support clients responding to regulatory enquiries, deal with cybersecurity breaches and provide expert advice and opinions in legal proceedings. You’ll also help clients review and remediate systems and controls to prevent further issues.
Dealing with fraud and financial investigations requires more than simple know-how. It requires speed, sensitivity and discretion. Forensic Services members understand the importance of reacting quickly and with confidentiality to a crisis situation. Members of the Forensic Services group include Chartered Accountants, Investigative and Forensic Accountants, Certified Fraud Examiners, former Law Enforcement Agents and Computer Engineers who bring together unique skill sets and experiences.
The Forensic Services group offers clients an array of services/products including:
- Litigation dispute services
- Fraud and Financial Investigations
- Forensic Accounting
- Fraud Prevention and Vulnerability Assessments - Anti-fraud Regime
- Corporate Security Consulting
- Background Intelligence Screening Process
- Computer Forensics
- Electronic Discovery
- Cybercrime Investigations
- Post-Acquisition Investigations
- Money Laundering Investigations
As a Manager, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Preparing high quality investigative reports for delivery to clients detailing procedures undertaken, results, limitations and recommended actions
- Preparing external working paper files with documentation of procedures performed and evidence obtained
- Assist in the preparation of proposals
- Preparing and delivering internal and external presentations related to our services
- Researching business development opportunities with the goal of growing the Forensic Services practice
- CPA, CA or CMA or CGA designation
- Successful completion of the Certified Fraud Examiners “CFE” within one year of joining the Forensic Services practice
- 7+ years in accounting and at 2+ years in forensic accounting
- Strong oral and written communication skills in French and English
- An interest in upskilling for a digital world and technology trends, an openness to learning new tools and adapting how you work.
- Experience in leading client-facing consulting / advisory work
- Strong track record of internal policy compliance (e.g. time sheet, status reports, etc.)
- An ability to work under tight deadlines and pressure
- The ability and willingness to travel within is a required element of this position.
- Successful candidates will be required to obtain Federal Government of Canada security clearance at the Secret Level.
- This role does not support completion of the Canadian CPA designation.
Why you’ll love working for PwC
We want you to love every (if not, almost every) minute of your career, having said this, we get it. Each life stage we go through comes with a new set of priorities and demands. This is why we support you through a range of financial and non-financial rewards and benefits, so regardless of your situation, there’s something for everyone.
Leading benefits for our permanent staff include:
A competitive compensation package
Sponsored investments, pensions and saving plans with matching firm contributions
PwC FlexBenefits, for personalised medical & dental coverage, including enhanced mental health benefit
Every day recognition and real time appreciation through our rewards and recognition program
Dress for your day with our flexible dress environment
Health, wellness and fitness perks
Family-friendly benefits, including maternity and parental leave policies and support networks to help you prepare for your successful return to work
Back-up child and elder care support
Career defining project work and international experience
Development opportunities including learning on the job, formal learning, learning from others and access to “Vantage” our digital learning system
Award winning programs including “Women in Leadership” and “Enhanced Pursuit Program”
A coach to help develop skills, diversify experiences and achieve career aspirations
Create your future:
Education (if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)Degrees/Field of Study required:Degrees/Field of Study preferred:
Certifications (if blank, certifications not specified)
Desired Languages (If blank, desired languages not specified)
Travel RequirementsUp to 40%
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?No
Government Clearance Required?Yes
Job Posting End DatePwC is committed to building a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Internal reference No. 65457WD
Other PwC's offers that may interest you