This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Open up to the Possibilities!
At Purolator, you’ll be proud knowing you’re working for a Canadian company that truly values its employees. And it’s community. This is an exciting and evolving industry and we’re leading the change as we strive to deliver the future. Here you will be empowered to help move the business forward. Each and every day. Are you open to the possibilities?
Since its establishment in 1960, Purolator has become Canada’s leading integrated freight, package and logistics solutions provider. Our team operates under a strong set of corporate values that guide us in all we do for our customers, employees, owner operators and other contracted partners.
Purolator Inc. is seeking a Courier Owner Operator who can play a meaningful role in the lives of all Canadians. Be your own boss; own and operate a flexible business operation and partner with a powerful Canadian brand with opportunities to increase revenue and deliver promises to customers in your contracted route area. Drive for Purolator and Apply today!
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Pick-up and delivery of customer packages in a route area.
- Ability to meet and maintain service requirements.
- Load and unload own vehicle.
- Perform additional pick-ups and deliveries as required.
- Accurate completion and daily submission of required documentation.
- Build positive relationships with both internal customers (Purolator managers, employees, dispatch, and other contractors) and external customers.
- Responsible for hiring relief driver to cover absences.
Your Key Requirements:
- Possess a valid Driver's License at all times
- Possession of liability insurance and all other licenses as required by law and Purolator specifications.
- Valid WCB registration and coverage for Owner Operator and Relief Driver.
- Must supply own vehicle and maintain appearance and operation at highest industry standards.
- Must possess a valid Dangerous Goods Handling Certificate.
- Ability to pick-up and deliver all packages associated to the route area or as required.
- Complete a criminal record check.
- Must meet and maintain standards set by Purolator Inc.
- Maintain membership with Teamster’s Canada.
Your Personal Qualities:
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work with others
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Problem solving
- Proper package handling techniques
Location: 482 - Bracebridge
Working Conditions: On the Road
Purolator is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, Aboriginal/Indigenous status or any other factors considered discriminatory. If you require an accommodation during the recruitment process, we will work with you to meet your needs.
We recognize that our employees and their families are key stakeholders. We will only be successful as a business if we provide our employees with a safe and healthy workplace and if we have the right people in the right roles with the support they need to succeed. We hire for attitude and train for skills. To learn more about us and our values, go to www.purolator.com.
At Purolator, every day is an opportunity for our employees to connect with one another and with our customers to help make a positive impact in the communities where we live, work and play.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Internal reference No. 621103900
Other Purolator's offers that may interest you