This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Open up to the Possibilities!
At Purolator, you’ll be proud knowing you’re working for a Canadian company that truly values its employees. And it’s community. This is an exciting and evolving industry and we’re leading the change as we strive to deliver the future. Here you will be empowered to help move the business forward. Each and every day. Are you open to the possibilities?
The Operations Trainer plays an integral role in employee skill enhancement. As part of the Learning and Development team, the Operations Trainer is responsible for providing onboarding training for employees in the Centre’s of Excellence and/or regional Purolator locations. This role is also responsible for initial, recurrent, refresher and developmental training programs, which are delivered using a blended approach of the classroom, on-the-job, and or eLearning platforms. This will include coaching, assessment and evaluation to foster compliance and mitigate risk. The Operations Trainer will work closely with Learning & Development, Operations, and Human Resources to meet and exceed organizational training and development goals.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Delivery of in-class/virtual training for front line operations employees
- Coach, mentor, and evaluate employees on proper job performance procedures and standards, such as practical demonstrations, ride alongs (route rides), competency based evaluations (all operations groups)
- Responsible for maintaining and updating all training records within the Learning Management System (LMS) for all operations employees that fall within their responsibility
- Scheduling and logistics for new employees
- Support Operations On- The-Job Trainers and Seasonal Trainers
- Lead compliance and regulatory training for the Operations
- Provide ongoing input on training programs based on feedback from Operations, HR and employees
- Work in designated Purolator location(s)
- Ability to travel 20% to 70% of the time to Purolator Locations as required
- Required to work varying shifts (days, afternoons, nights, weekends) depending on operational requirements
- Other duties as assigned
- Certificate in Adult Education or equivalent
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience in the training field practicing Adult Learning Principles
- Excellent facilitation, presentation, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently or in groups to achieve training goals
- Proven experience in coaching, mentoring, and evaluation of employees on proper job performance procedures and standards
- Prior experience influencing/collaborating front line operations to achieve compliance of training goals
- Experience in Operations and or Transportation & Logistics an asset
- Must possess a valid non-probationary Driver's License
- Clean Driving Abstract (please upload a current driver's abstract with your resume)
- Must successfully pass written and road test(s)
- Must successfully complete Purolator’s Defensive Driving and Courier Methods and Procedures course
- Possess above average technical and computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Proficient in digital platforms such as Microsoft Teams and WebEx
- Committed to providing exceptional customer service
- Bilingualism is required in Quebec
Below is a list of the locations, by region, that we are hiring for nationally, please apply to the specific job posting by Region in the recruitment system indicating location(s) you are applying for
Location: 523 - Anjou
Working Conditions: Office Environment; On the Road; Warehouse Environment
Reports to: Manager
Purolator is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, Aboriginal/Indigenous status or any other factors considered discriminatory. If you require an accommodation during the recruitment process, we will work with you to meet your needs.
We recognize that our employees and their families are key stakeholders. We will only be successful as a business if we provide our employees with a safe and healthy workplace and we have the right people in the right roles with the support they need to succeed. We hire for attitude and train for skills. To learn more about us and our values, go to www.purolator.com.
At Purolator, every day is an opportunity for our employees to connect with one another and with our customers to help make a positive impact in the communities where we live, work and play.
Internal reference No. 787343700
Other Purolator's offers that may interest you