This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Hours of Work: 40 weekly, various
Job Code: 117
Location: 800 Kipling Ave.,
Bargaining Unit: Yes
Reports to: District Manager
Since its establishment in 1960, Purolator has become Canada’s leading integrated freight, package and logistics solutions provider. Our team operates under a strong set of corporate values that guide us in all we do for our employees. Purolator is an employer committed to offering our employees rewarding work with opportunities for collaboration and career development. We offer a competitive total rewards package that includes a Competitive Salary, Comprehensive Benefits Package and Pension Plan, an Employee Family Assistance Program, Employee Shared Ownership Program and Employee Discounts.
We believe that developing a winning team of employees is critical to achieving our vision of making Canada stronger by delivering our customers’ promises. Don’t miss this opportunity to be part of a national organization that plays a meaningful role in the lives of all Canadians.
Job Details: Line Haul driver
Location: 800 Kipling Ave.,
Working Hours: Minimum 40 weekl
Scheduled Shift: Various, as operationally required
Employment Contract: permanent
- Responsible for transporting customer freight in an effective and efficient manner
- Complete deliveries and pick-ups in both urban and rural locations as assigned
- Perform daily pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections
- Manual usage and handling of pump truck
- Tail gate experience an asset
- Work various hours (morning, afternoon or overnight) as required
- Ability to solve problems as they arise while on road
- Build positive relationships with both our internal and external customers (dispatch, colleagues , managers)
- Comply with all Corporate Policies and Procedures
- Work in a safe manner at all times
- Maintain punctual attendance
- Shunt Duties as assigned
- Valid Driver's License: Class (enter proper provincial license, IE Class AZ or Class 1)
- Clean Driving Abstract
- Must successfully pass written & road test(s)
- Must successfully pass Defensive Driving course
- Must successfully pass Courier Methods training course
- Ability to read maps; Good sense of geographical direction
- Must be able to handle LTL freight and skids
- Ability to lift and/or carry up to 70 lbs.
- Successfully complete a criminal record check and employment verification to qualify
- Obtain a clear Police Clearance Certificate when required
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Problem solving
- Proper scan and load techniques
- Exemplifies and consistently demonstrates our core competencies of customer focus, communication, collaboration, trust and self-development
Working Conditions: On the Road; Warehouse Environment
Salary Grade: As per collective Agreement
Forward an updated resume to: MyCareer
*Please notify your immediate manager before applying for an internal job posting
Purolator is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, Aboriginal/Indigenous status or any other factors considered discriminatory. If you require an accommodation during the recruitment process, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Tous les postes unilingues à l’extérieur du Québec exigeant uniquement la connaissance de la langue anglaise sont affichés sur le site Intranet de Purolator seulement.
Si vous désirez une traduction française de cette description de poste, prière de communiquer avec votre Représentant aux ressources humaines.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Internal reference No. 595898300
Other Purolator's offers that may interest you