Consultant Compensation (Pay Equity)
- Salary To be discussed
- Published on March 7th, 2023
As soon as possible
Open up to the Possibilities!
At Purolator, you’ll be proud knowing you’re working for a Canadian company that truly values its employees. And it’s community. This is an exciting and evolving industry and we’re leading the change as we strive to deliver the future. Here you will be empowered to help move the business forward. Each and every day. Are you open to the possibilities?
Successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. If you have questions, please feel free to ask during your interview.
Reporting to the Manager, Compensation, the Compensation Consultant is responsible for managing and coordinating job design, documentation, and evaluation for assigned employee groups.
The Compensation Consultant serves as a subject matter expert in the areas of position analysis, position description content, position inventory, and evaluation rationales.
• Co-ordinates the job evaluation (JE) process providing governance through consistent application of the job evaluation tools and identification of benchmark jobs.
• Provides guidance to Human Resources (HR) Partners and Clients in preparation of job evaluation and job description documents.
• Collects appropriate job information prior to the job evaluation process; maintains updated factor analysis records.
• Prepares written rationales to support decision making; relays and explains results to client groups. Identify and flag any issues/concerns along with recommendation to successfully address issues
• Participates in the resolution of job classification complaints.
• Develops and delivers presentations and training on job related processes.
• Participate in project teams focused on classification design and implementation including any additional Projects (pay equity, HR systems).
What qualifications do you need for this role?
• Four-year Degree from a recognized post-secondary institution in Human Resources Management or other specialization relevant to the duties of the position. Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) or Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) designation preferred.
• Minimum four years’ progressive Human Resources experience working in job evaluation and job description is required.
• Experience writing and evaluating a broad range of jobs from a variety of industries
• Ability to interpret and apply legislation, policy, and collective agreement language for effective and consistent service delivery.
• Sound judgement and the ability to assess and evaluate information to make decisions without guidelines or precedent is critical in this position.
• Excellent judgment, discretion, and ability to maintain confidentiality are essential.
• Ability to work under pressure with frequent interruptions while dealing with conflicting demands and deadlines.
• Strong collaboration, communication, and teamwork skills.
• Flexibility in adapting to change and in participating in consultative decision-making processes
• Experience in Pay Equity (asset).
• This position is based at the Mississauga Head Office.
• Occasional Travel required.
We are aware of a fraudulent website that appears to mimic the Purolator careers page. Official job postings from Purolator are shared on www.purolator.com/careers or https://careers.purolator.com. Please ensure any job applications are made directly on these websites. Please note, Purolator will never ask an applicant to make a financial transaction for equipment as part of its recruitment process.
Purolator is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, Aboriginal/Indigenous status or any other factors considered discriminatory. If you require an accommodation during the recruitment process, we will work with you to meet your needs.
We recognize that our employees and their families are key stakeholders. We will only be successful as a business if we provide our employees with a safe and healthy workplace and we have the right people in the right roles with the support they need to succeed. We hire for attitude and train for skills. To learn more about us and our values, go to www.purolator.com.
At Purolator, every day is an opportunity for our employees to connect with one another and with our customers to help make a positive impact in the communities where we live, work and play.
Internal reference No.
Other Purolator's offers that may interest you