- Salary To be discussed
- Published on January 7th, 2022
- Add to favorites
As soon as possible
This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
PTAG is currently seeking a Quality Lead for a large mining project in the Newfoundland, Labrador area. The Quality Lead shall be accountable for the development and execution of the Quality Management Plan for all deliverables associated with the project.
Type of Employment: Contract
- Represent the Company’s best interest to ensure all materials and workmanship meets or exceeds industry standards, and specifications.
- Development and implementation of a Quality Management System including a Quality Management Plan which outlines the means and methods to ensure the overhaul is completed in accordance with all specifications, Engineering specifications, and relevant industry best practices.
- Develop a detailed plan, schedule, and tracking system for all inspections.
- Develop a comprehensive checklist of required field verifications for all systems and disciplines.
- The Supplier shall coordinate with the Engineering team, and OEMs to ensure that sufficient details and onsite resources are present to complete quality sign-off for all packages.
- Implement Hold, Notification and Witness points in conjunction with the integrated schedule and contractor work plans (IWPs).
- Identify any outstanding technical specifications, drawings, or other materials/equipment required to execute the Quality Management Plan.
- Inspect received materials and components, and provide ongoing Materials Receiving Inspection Reports in addition to a final Materials Receiving Quality Register.
- Conduct site visits, inspections, and testing at supplier facilities as directed by the Project Manager.
- Conduct pre-shut inspections to verify all cleaning and preparation has been completed.
- Conduct Early Shut Inspections within 5 days of areas becoming accessible to support the timely development of scope within areas inaccessible during normal operations.
- Work with Subject Matter Experts during the Overhaul to document all field directives into quantifiable specifications for future use to eliminate ambiguity and variation between inspections.
- Inspection and field validation of all completed construction activities to ensure conformity to engineering designs and drawings, manufacturer specifications, industry-standard good manufacturing/fabrication practices and quality control procedures, and any other quality acceptance criteria as indicated in the associated Construction Execution Contractor ITP.
- Completion of quality checklists using supplied Field Management (FM) software for all completed works in a timely manner including identification and tracking of deficiencies, supporting evidence (e.g., field measurements, photos, etc.), and formal sign-off.
- Documenting and communication of identified deficiencies through a Project Deficiency Log.
- Collaboration with the Construction Management team and Technical team to ensure all deficiencies are rectified in a timely manner while eliminating or minimizing impact to the overall project schedule.
- Submission of a final Quality Management handover report which compiles all completed quality checklists and supporting documentation/evidence, all completed ITP’s, deficiencies identified, and any other documents or observations relating to project deliverable quality.
- The position will require proactive interfacing with multi-disciplinary team of engineers and managers in the pursuit of managing project risk and ensuring quality standards are achieved and maintained. The position will require the ability to communicate quality requirements and risk priorities to project managers.
- Technical master’s degree is required.
- A minimum of 5-year experience in Quality Assurance / Quality Control and or Risk Management.
- Good communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Good organizational and presentation skills and ability to facilitate risk assessment updates.
- Project experience would be an advantage as would prior experience in risk assessment and analysis.
PTAG is growing and seeking professionals who want to join a fast paced, innovative, and team-oriented Program Management Firm. We are driven to help our clients find opportunities for consistent and constant improvements of their Capital and Sustainable Programs.
PTAG is a Registered Provider of the Construction Industry Institute which underscores our commitment to help the Power & Utilities, Oil & Gas, Chemical, Mining and Heavy Infrastructure sectors achieve increased project certainty, productivity, and desired outcomes. We are seeking likeminded professionals who want to join us on our journey to build lasting, and value-driven relationships with our clients.