This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
We at Resolute are a diverse group of individuals who possess a wide variety of skills. Here, we believe that giving you the ability to maximize your potential without constraint is key to our shared success.
Our Thunder Bay location in Ontario, Canada is currently seeking talent to fill the position of Stores Inventory Supervisor. This job is permanent, full-time.
Stores Inventory Supervisor
Resolute Forest Products is seeking candidates for the position of Stores Inventory Supervisor for our Ontario Sawmills. This position will work from our flagship 300 million board foot Sawmill / Planer / Pellet Plant operation at Thunder Bay, Ontario, as well as provide support as required for our Atikokan & Ignace Sawmill.
The Stores Inventory Supervisor reports to the Procurement Agent, and works closely with procurement on the administration of equipment, materials, supplies and outside services required for the company’s operations while maintaining a cost-effective quality and service level.
- Ensuring diligent application of the health and safety program and compliance with health and safety legislation in order to minimize industrial accidents and diseases. Controls direct and indirect health and safety costs.
- Liaising with divisional and operational personnel in the research and selection of materials services and costing information.
- Expediting ordered goods including monitoring, shipping, following up on backorders and cancelling or changing orders as required.
- Maintain progressive implementation of parts ordering system including an effective interface to Accounts Payable/Receivable.
- Shipping, receiving and unloading of all goods.
- Support vendor contract relationships.
- Support maintenance Work Order Flow Process (Work Orders/Material Management/Job Kits).
- Monitoring, setting up and stocking inventory items as required, including the issuing of purchase orders to replenish stock.
- Provide support to the Ignace and Atikokan Sawmills parts inventory.
- Maintain part standardization for the region and sharing of critical spares.
- Maintaining and updating the purchasing department computerized database.
- Continuously researching the opportunities of standardization of parts.
- Working with Maintenance to maintain and monitor inventory levels.
- Consulting with immediate supervisor on pertinent matters and performing special projects and other assigned duties as required.
- Reporting to the Procurement Agent, you will be part of a results-oriented team whose members are encouraged to exceed expectations.
- Three to Five years of related industry experience.
- Demonstrated progression in leadership roles.
- Able to travel occasionally as required.
Your assets and skills:
- Inventory control and procurement experience an asset.
- Strong Knowledge of Computer Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Mechanical/Electrical background would be considered an asset.
- Be able to operate a lift truck and perform the physical requirements of the position.
- Ability to work as part of a team, to communicate with all levels of the organization and to adapt quickly to change.
- Excellent communication, organization and time management skills.
- Knowledge of MS Office, and solid computer skills.
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Our Thunder Bay Sawmill is located at 156 Darrel Avenue, Thunder Bay, ON. The community of Thunder Bay is located in Northwest Ontario. For more information about the region, please visit http://www.thunderbay.ca/)
We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages. Hiring for this position is ongoing and will be filled as required. To be considered for this position, please apply today!
In order to be eligible for this position, you must be legally entitled to work in Canada for our company.
Resolute Forest Products is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Division to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process.
Forest products are essential, as are each and every one of our employees and contractors. We take the necessary steps to protect the health and well-being of our employees and to safeguard the integrity of all Resolute facilities.
We are all in this together. We are one community. We are #RESOLUTEPROUD
Be part of the change. Be part of a dynamic team.
We are a global leader in the forest products industry offering an energetic and safe work environment with opportunities and challenges that will help develop your skills. We are more than 8,000 employees in Canada, the United States and various other international locations.
We are looking for employees with the experience and expertise to improve our efficiency, increase our long-term profitability and deliver first-class products and services to our customers. And you, what are you looking for?
We are a company writing a new story for itself in a rapidly changing industry. We have made important inroads to ensure our viability and to be an environmental supplier of choice. Come take part of our history and be part of the change!
How are we building the Resolute of the future?
Find out in our Annual Report, available at resolutefp.com/publications.
Join the conversation!
Visit The Resolute Blog at blog.resolutefp.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Internal reference No. 14783
Other Produits forestiers Résolu's offers that may interest you