This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
We at Resolute are a diverse group of individuals who possess a wide variety of skills. Here, we believe that giving you the ability to maximize your potential without constraint is key to our shared success.
Our Thunder Bay location in Ontario, Canada is currently seeking talent to fill the position of Log Yard & Shipping Supervisor, Thunder Bay Sawmill. This job is permanent, full-time.
Log Yard & Shipping Supervisor, Thunder Bay Sawmill
Resolute Forest Products is seeking candidates for the position of Log Yard & Shipping Supervisor for our for our flagship 300 million board foot Sawmill at Thunder Bay, Ontario.
The Log Yard & Shipping Supervisor reports to the Sawmill Superintendent, and is directly responsible to provide supervision and coordination of log deliveries to the Thunder Bay Sawmill, communicate with our Log Yard contractor, and lumber shipping operations.
- Ensure application of highest Safety standards for log yard and shipping operations.
- Manage the log yard inventories and storage areas to ensure adequate and appropriate species and size diet for the sawmill.
- Develop, implement and maintain a log yard inventory control system that ensures accurate and relevant information on log quality, size, species, and sawmill conversion factors.
- In collaboration with Sawmills’ personnel, ensure that logs are handled in a manner that maintains log quality and minimizes breakage. Ensures that log yards are kept tidy and organized.
- Ensure that shipping production consistently meets quality standards that satisfy internal and external customers and maximize value.
- Supervise, direct and guide employees to help them achieve their maximum level of effectiveness; identify and meet their needs for training in their job, health and safety and the environment.
- Work with supervisors of maintenance (mechanical and electrical) to ensure optimal performance and efficiency of maintenance activities (mechanical & electrical).
- Ensure that all employees work in accordance with the rules, policies, programs and procedures of the Company, and with all applicable laws relating to health and safety and the ISO-14001 processes.
- Perform all administrative tasks (reports: production, maintenance, timesheets, health and safety, performance, training, transfer of personnel, environment, etc.).
- Supervise contractor operations for yard equipment services.
- Reporting to the Sawmill Superintendent, you will be part of a results-oriented team whose members are encouraged to exceed expectations.
- Ideally a Wood Science Bachelor’s degree, technical diploma, or related industry experience
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years of equivalent experience heavy equipment, and environmental systems
- Demonstrated progression in leadership roles
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work as part of a team, to communicate with all levels of the organization and to adapt quickly to change
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of MS Office, and solid computer skills
- A self-motivated individual who will work towards Safety & Reliability Excellence
- Good working knowledge of sawmill and planer mill equipment
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Our Thunder Bay Sawmill is located at 156 Darrel Avenue, Thunder Bay, ON. The community of Thunder Bay is located in Northwest Ontario. For more information about the region, please visit http://www.thunderbay.ca/)
Resolute Forest Products is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Division to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process.
Forest products are essential, as are each and every one of our employees and contractors. We take the necessary steps to protect the health and well-being of our employees and to safeguard the integrity of all Resolute facilities.
We are all in this together. We are one community. We are #RESOLUTEPROUD
Be part of the change. Join a dynamic team.
We are a global leader in the forest products industry offering an energetic and safe work environment with opportunities and challenges that will help develop your skills. We are more than 8,000 employees in Canada, the United States and various other international locations.
We are looking for employees with the experience and expertise to improve our efficiency, increase our long-term profitability and deliver first-class products and services to our customers. And you, what are you looking for?
We are a company writing a new story for itself in a rapidly changing industry. We have made important inroads to ensure our viability and to be an environmental supplier of choice. Come take part of our history and be part of the change!
How are we building the Resolute of the future?
Find out in our Annual Report, available at resolutefp.com/publications.
Join the conversation!
Visit The Resolute Blog at blog.resolutefp.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Internal reference No. 13347
Other Produits forestiers Résolu's offers that may interest you