This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply
Be part of a dynamic team!
The GIS Technician will have to develop and maintain the geographic information system, information layers and the various links between different databases. The duties include: maintenance, creation and analysis of map data, spatial data editing, updating of information contained in databases as well as producing data for specific projects.
Closing date: 4:30 p.m., March 14, 2019
Level of education
Work experience (years)
- Two year college degree in a field related to geomatics and/or the equivalent (ex.: Bachelor’s degree with a minor in G.I.S).
- Must have six months of experience.
- Ability to communicate with clients and the public in person, by email or by telephone in French and English.
- Must have experience with thematic mapping.
- Must have experience in data manipulation in a G.I.S.
- Have thorough knowledge of ESRI suite software including Pro and Online.
- Have good knowledge of Access software.
- Have the facility to learn new software.
- Have the ability to adapt to the perpetual changes in information technologies.
A criminal record check must be provided upon hiring only (dated no longer than three months prior to the date when it has been requested) and is a condition of employment.
This employer is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Other Prescott-Russell's offers that may interest you