This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
* Disclaimer of an outpatient caseload
* Graduate from an accredited or approved university Physiotherapy program
* Eligible for and maintains licensure to practice as a Physiotherapist in the province of Manitoba
* Eligible for and maintains membership with the Canadian Physiotherapy Association
* Province of Manitoba Class 5 Drivers Licence, and access to a personal vehicle to provide service within Prairie Mountain Health
* Current Basic Life Saving (BLS) Certification within the past twelve (12) months as per Prairie Mountain Health Policy CPR Training
* Ability to work collaboratively as a team member
* Skilled ability in the assessment, identification and treatment of clients in varying ages and diagnosis
* Proficiency with Microsoft programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint), as well as Internet applications and other Information Technology Demonstrated leadership
* Demonstrated written and oral communication skills
* Ability to prioritize in a changing environment
* Strong organizational, decision making and problem solving skills
* Ability to display independent judgment
* Ability to respect and promote a culturally diverse population
* Ability to respect and promote confidentiality
* Ability to perform the duties of the position on a regular basis
The Physiotherapist performs all duties in accordance with the Mission, Vision, Values, Strategic Priorities, policies and procedures of Prairie Mountain Health (PMH). The Physiotherapist provides leadership in the care of clients contributing in the assessment, planning, development, organization, implementation and evaluation of all aspects of care related to the profession of Physiotherapy in accordance with the Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics as set out for Physiotherapists by the College of Physiotherapists of Manitoba. The Physiotherapist collaborates with the multidisciplinary team, clients, families and external agencies regarding the care needs for the client in the community, facility (acute care and personal care home) and home care settings.
- Organizes, prioritizes and assumes responsibility for assigned caseload.
- Applies Physiotherapy knowledge and skills to provide optimum individualized and continuous assessment and treatment for clients assigned.
- Collaborates with clients on the planning, implementation and progression of the treatment plan, providing education and counseling to the client and/or family member.
- Delegates activities and tasks to Rehabilitation Assistants as appropriate and in accordance with the treatment plan.
- Utilizes evidence-based practice and techniques within the scope of Physiotherapy in the treatment of clients.
- Communicates, consults and collaborates with other health care professionals of the multidisciplinary team in the implementation of the treatment plan.
- Documents in a timely manner as per PMH policy and relevant professional college guidelines.
- Attends care conferences, discharge planning, multidisciplinary and team meetings as applicable.
- Liaises, consults and exchanges verbal and/or written information with external agencies in accordance with relevant policy and legislation.
- Supports and promotes health promotion and disease prevention and primary health care principles.
- Completes required statistical reporting within established timelines.
- Collaborates through discussions with management to ensure continuity of services to optimize caseload coverage during periods of absence vacancy, whenever reasonably possible.
- Provides clinical supervision of students or provisional Physiotherapists as per guidelines.
- Works collaboratively with management in proposing, planning and participating in the implementation of services and/or therapy programming.
- Duties may include the requirement to work after hours and weekends.
- Keeps up to date with the policies and procedures of the PMH.
- Participates in performance review process and goal setting to enhance work performance.
- Utilizes critical thinking skills to guide decision-making within scope of practice and position.
- Reports pertinent information to the Therapy Services Management in a timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
Other Prairie Mountain Health's offers that may interest you