(PTL Canada) Maintenance Shop Supervisor
Penske Truck LeasingEdmonton,AB
- Salary To be discussed
- Published on March 20th, 2023
As soon as possible
(PTL Canada) Maintenance Shop Supervisor (Job Number: 2221866 )
As a Penske Maintenance Supervisor you will use your excellent communication, organization, and multitasking skills to engage your diesel technicians, maintain good morale among your team, and keep your customers happy. Regular duties include coordinating, scheduling and auditing of vehicle maintenance repairs to include preventative, mechanical and electrical repair to tractors, trucks and trailers.
You will be involved in the hiring, training, and ongoing development of vehicle maintenance technicians to ensure that our highly skilled workforce is able to meet customer expectations.
Preferred candidates will have at least 3 years in fleet vehicle maintenance experience overseeing technicians. Minimally qualified candidates will have at least 3 years of team management in an environment with strong operational metrics. This is a great position to grow into a leadership role with Penske - and you don’t need to be a mechanic.
Schedule: Afternoon Shift
Monday to Friday - 3pm to 11:30pm
What we offer you:
- Modern and Clean Work Environment
- Competitive Salary
- Attractive Shift Premiums
- New Equipment and Technology from variety of suppliers/dealerships
- RRSP Program with Company Match
- Affordable Health & Dental Benefit Package
- Free Uniforms and Laundry Service
- Tool and Boots Allowance
- Vacation time 11 paid statutory holidays Paid sick days
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Opportunity for Advancement Throughout the Company
- Partner’s discounts
All new maintenance supervisors at Penske are enrolled in a training program to provide you with critical job skills, including vehicle componentry and maintenance technology. The training focuses on service department management, effectively leading associates and customer engagement.
- Prioritize and assign work to meet customers’ needs
- Ensure quality, compliance, and safety of Penske’s assets
- Control repair, inventory, and labor costs
- Meet and exceed customer satisfaction
- Coach and mentor technicians and CSRs
- Monitor associate work levels
- Facility management, assuring a clean and safe working environment
- Other duties and tasks as required by supervisor
- Ability and desire to work in a positive, fast paced and high energy environment
- 3-5 years fleet maintenance management experience preferred, or at least 3 years of team management in an environment with strong
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Associates or Tech School degree preferred
- Strong customer service and organizational skills required
- Valid Driver’s License required, class G or class 5
- Proficiency with computers including Microsoft Office and web based applications preferred
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary within the district (customers yards, close geographical area and training sites), work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to employment reference checks.
Penske is committed to the principle of equity in employment.
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to remember and understand certain instructions, guidelines or other information. The associate must be able to see and verbally communicate. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske’s product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Work Locations :17303 114 Ave NW 17303 114 Ave NW
Edmonton, ABT5S 2R9
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Job : Vehicle Maintenance Management/Supervisors
Penske Oracle Job (US & CA only do not edit): : PTL.Maintenance Supervisors
Req ID: 2221866
Internal reference No.
Other Penske Truck Leasing's offers that may interest you