This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Our team’s vision is to provide team members for highly complex and technically sophisticated projects of national significance. As a member of our Connected Infrastructure team you will help design, build, protect and sustain the communities across our region where we work and live. If you are ready to put your expertise to work on marquee projects that will change the urban fabric of our community, then consider joining Parsons.
Parsons is seeking to hire a senior Electrical Engineer for both eastern and western Canada to work on Traction Power and Distribution projects in a variety of locations and projects. The selected candidate will lead the specification or design of DC traction power systems, including:
- Interface with the civil disciplines for the development of site plans, duct banks and ground grids;
- Interface with systems and vehicle engineering disciplines for the sizing and design of the traction power systems
- Assignments may require CAE (computer aided engineering)/CAD (computer aided design) applications. Ability to travel to supplier, client or construction site locations, is expected.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Development and modification of specifications, single line diagrams, schematics and conduit and wire schedules
- May function as discipline Engineer on medium to large projects, assuming responsibility for the work of the group. Assist in technical consultations for interdisciplinary analytical studies and analyses.
- Ensures compliance of design with all applicable codes and regulations, providing the seal and signature of the professional engineer when required by statute or contract.
- Prepares material/equipment specifications and purchase requisitions; reviews supplier data; witnesses shop tests, assists with assessing supplier manufacturing capabilities.
- Develops operation and maintenance plans and standard operating procedures; prepares O & M manuals and may conduct on-site training of personnel.
- Conduct surveys, power studies (e.g. load flow, short circuit), and site investigations.
- Confers with power authority to optimize system configuration and energy consumption.
- Affiliation with professional societies such as NACE International, ASTM, AWWA, IEEE, APTA and others is preferred.
- Prepare and present technical papers.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
Preferred Education & Experienced:
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering, Professional Engineer, and minimum 10 years of related work experience, which should include:
- CAD/CAE training and expertise;
- Experience in, or familiarity with, DC Traction Power design and the design of transformer substations Medium to Low voltage, Low Voltage (480V) Motor Control Centers and Uninterruptible Power Supply Systems;
- Review of shop drawings and design submittals by contractors and consultants.
- Developing and executing test procedures for electrical equipment and cables;
- Inspections of electrical systems on railway infrastructure, including stations, substations, guideway, tunnels, yards.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other PARSONS CORPORATION's offers that may interest you