Manager, Traffic Design & Operations
Parsons has been a leader in the planning, design and delivery of transportation infrastructure across the world for more than 75 years. We are looking for a highly experienced manager with strong client relationships to add to our Mobility Solutions team in the Greater Toronto Region. You will have the flexibility to work from an office in Toronto, Markham, or Oakville and also part time from home. Our team is focused on helping our provincial and municipal clients expand and improve their transportation systems through innovative solutions to their tough planning and design challenges.
The Manager of Traffic Design will assist in advancing the growth of our broader Mobility Solutions practice in the Greater Toronto Region by taking a leadership role in developing and executing our business plan in the areas traffic engineering, traffic safety and traffic design. S/he will be responsible for overseeing and managing our traffic engineering portfolio including but not limited to construction staging plans, traffic management plans, traffic control and traffic operations analysis. This position requires a minimum of 12-15 years of traffic engineering experience.
- Manage complex traffic engineering/safety and traffic planning studies to support road and transit projects also act as a lead traffic engineer traffic designer in relevant projects, tasks, and other assignments;
- Manage, coach, motivate and provide leadership for staff to provide high-quality services and innovative solutions to complex traffic planning and traffic design challenges involving multiple stakeholders;
- Prepare technical reports and documentation of activity for clients and project management and promoting technical excellence and quality assurance of project tasks and deliverables;
- Provide effective and efficient management of relevant day-to-day operations, including scheduling, assigning and reviewing work to achieve project objectives and outcome measures;
- Assist in business development activities and undertake leadership roles in proposal preparation incl. assistance in developing project methodology, work programs, schedules, budgets;
- Maintain an awareness of trends, developments and advancements in relevant fields and broader industry to retain technical competency and provide state-of-the-art services and advice to our clients;
- Manage traffic operations analysis, traffic control and traffic management design deliverables for various types of projects (including highway and transit construction works) per underlying Project Agreements;
- Manage a multi-disciplinary team including Traffic engineers, planners and designers; and
- Perform other duties and responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- University degree in Traffic or Civil Engineering or in other professional discipline pertinent to the job function combined with relevant management experience;
- Minimum of 12-15 years of relevant technical experience, including 5 years of successful project management experience;
- Demonstrated ability and experience in training, mentoring, motivating, leading and supervising a team of highly qualified professional staff;
- Effective interpersonal skills and highly developed verbal and writing communications skills;
- Applied knowledge of published standards and guidelines from provincial and municipal governments and associations;
- Excellent understanding of relevant traffic engineering, safety, operations and design issues and stakeholders’ requirements;
- Proficient in the application of specialized traffic engineering and assessments software (AutoCAD, MicroStation, Synchro, etc);
- Must be Registered as Professional Engineer in Ontario (P.Eng.) and/or Professional Traffic Operations Engineer (PTOE) or Certified Engineering Technologist (C.E.T.) or other relevant designation.
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:Not Applicable/NoneThis position is part of our Critical Infrastructure team.A full-service engineering and construction firm, we work in diverse, collaborative teams, both within the company and with our partners and customers, to plan, design, build, and modernize infrastructure. We take special pride in projects and solutions that improve communities as well as people’s quality of life by promoting economic growth, enhancing mobility, and increasing sustainability and resiliency. Powered by our people, we provide the imagination necessary to support our customers’ visions-and to help them see new possibilities.We value our employees and want our employees to take care of their overall wellbeing, which is why we offer best-in-class benefits such as health, vision, dental, employer paid provincial care premiums, Defined Contribution Pension Plan (DCPP), Tax-Free Savings Account (TFSA), Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP), life insurance, paid time off, sick leave, all province observed holidays off, and gym membership discounts to fit your busy lifestyle!
The position may require a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief as required by federal, state, provincial or local mandates or customer requirements.Parsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility in the workplace. Diversity is ingrained in who we are, how we do business, and is one of our company’s core values. Parsons equally employs representation at all job levels for minority, female, disabled, protected veteran and LGBTQ+.We truly invest and care about our employee’s wellbeing and provide endless growth opportunities as the sky is the limit, so aim for the stars! Imagine next and join the Parsons quest-APPLY TODAY!