This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:Not Applicable/None
We are currently searching for a Field Technician to work on a fixed term contract. The successful candidate will focus on execution of field operations with a focus on safety, efficiency and compliance with procedures. The successful candidate will work independently as well as with contractors performing monitoring, sampling and site investigations, principally at active and vacant service stations, bulk plants, distribution terminals and commercial/industrial facilities. In all circumstances they must be able to assume prime contractor responsibility for the execution of the work.
The responsibilities for this position will include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Soil sampling during drilling, test pitting and excavation activities.
· Monitoring and groundwater sampling utilizing a wide variety of equipment.
· Soil vapour sampling.
· Supervision of multiple contractors including, but not limited to, drillers, traffic control contractors and excavator operators.
· Operation of various types of equipment (e.g. GPS, data loggers, survey level, combustible gas meters, etc.).
· Completion of field documentation such as job safety analysis (JSA) forms, project field reports, field notes, monitoring and chain-of-custody forms.
· Work with project coordinators/managers, using interpersonal and organizational skills to ensure projects are completed in accordance with an established scope of work, and on time and budget.
· Over time, the field supervisor would also mentor and provide technical support to more junior field staff, as required.
· Work out of town, can on occasion, reach approximately 90% of the time and in town 10% of the time, subject to project workload, weekends and evenings.
· Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
· A 4-year degree in civil, environmental, chemical, geological engineering or similar programs. Candidates with a 2-year diploma in similar technical programs will be considered.
· A valid driver’s license.
· Experience working on similar facilities or in a construction environment will be considered an asset.
· Ability to work independently and as a team.
· Should be able-bodied as the work requires some physical exertion such as long periods of standing; walking over rough, uneven, or rocky surfaces; lifting; recurring bending or similar activities.
· Work in adverse weather conditions (i.e. hot, cold, rain and snow).
· Excellent written and oral communications skills.
· Maturity in interaction and ability to operate self-sufficiently in the field.
· Ability to lead and direct contractors effectively.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other PARSONS CORPORATION's offers that may interest you