This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:Not Applicable/None
Parsons is now hiring for a Junior Electrical Engineer to support projects in the Western Canada region, as well as national projects at times. We are looking for an entry level engineer with an affinity for delivering on the electrical components of roadways, bridges, transitways, municipal and/or county arterial roads, side streets, multi-use pathways, parking facilities etc. If you are the right one for us, you have knowledge of AGI software, understand how to perform load, short circuit and voltage calculations; You’ll take great pride in your work, and think of road illumination as more than just a job!
Parsons has engineered and constructed more than 10,000 miles of roads in more than 40 countries on six continents. Our road and highway projects circle the globe, through crowded cities and empty deserts, across rivers, and over mountains. Join our team of technical experts and make your mark to change the course of roads forever!
- Be part of electrical project team and attend project meetings
- Perform lighting calculations (AGI software knowledge desired), loading calculations, short circuit calculations, voltage drop calculations and Arc Flash Analysis calculations
- Ministry of Transportation, Alberta and British Columbia work experience is desired
- Experience in Roadway lighting design and Traffic Signal design including phasing and signal timing plans in the province of BC is desired
- Some exposure to Building Illumination work is desired
- Develop designs for Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) elements
- Generate one-line diagrams, traffic signal, roadway lighting wiring diagrams and electrical details
- Write and edit project construction specifications.
- Coordinate on site with electrical contractor and Performs field inspections and provides professional field support as necessary during construction phases.
Still Interested? You’ll have:
- 4-year degree in Electronics or Electrical Engineering and 4-12 months experience through school practicum/co-op
- Strong understanding electrical engineering theories and practices
- Registered as EIT to a pathway for full licensure through EGBC
- Good understanding of engineering fundamentals as they apply to engineering problems and projects
- Ability to learn quickly and take on new challenges as well as work collaboratively as part of a team
- Technical experience with electrical software such as ETAP and AutoCAD is an asset
- Familiarity or experience with the Canadian Electrical Code (CEC) Is an asset
- Committed to a high standard of safety and comply with all safety laws and all of the employer’s safety policies and rules
Skills & Competencies:
- Potential to perform in an engineering team, excellent written and oral communications skills, and a familiarity of industry practices and regulations are desired.
- Understanding of short circuit calculations and arc flash analysis calculations.
- Understanding and exposure to AutoCAD, MicroStation and Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) is desired.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other PARSONS CORPORATION's offers that may interest you