This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Commitment to work-life balance
The Research Technical Project Manager is responsible for providing technical leadership, expertise and/or first line supervision of research project activities. Manages development activities and investigations in support of innovation, new product development cost improvements or technical manufacturing support. The position is accountable for providing leadership and specialized knowledge in the areas of food & dairy science, problem resolution, method development and project implementation to optimize manufacturing and support company business objectives.
Critical Success Factors:
- Manage complex projects and provide specialized input and directive to project team by providing detailed investigation and data interpretation in support of business initiatives.
- Lead the execution of required bench top and/or pilot plant experiments in the development of new products and/or product renovations and/or new processes for the experimental plan and conduct experiments, produce documentation, and provide conclusions in support of the business initiative. When applicable, supports development designs and establishes P&ID/flow schematics with the engineering team and participates on the commissioning.
- Design and execute stages of product development by conducting pilot plant including operation of pilot-scale dairy processing equipment, and formula commissioning at full-scale manufacturing; which includes scale-up of prototypes and subsequent trials to support introduction of new products and /or product renovations.
- Support the implementation of manufacturing projects related to Continuous Improvement (CI) & Return on Investment (ROI) by trouble-shooting technical issues, influencing management and staff to take positive actions and accountability for their assigned target and objectives related to designated projects, reporting and follow up of the projects, and presenting regular updates
- Review and document raw ingredients, formulations and final product specifications for the purpose of maintaining accurate records and to ensure compliance with Company standards.
- Approve the label requirements in relation to product standards, regulatory and labeling standards to ensure market compliance. Provide recommendation and/or directive to management team on regulatory initiatives and/or resolving regulatory concerns/issues involving the CFIA.
- Consult and provide directive to internal customers (i.e. Purchasing, Marketing, Manufacturing, and Quality Assurance) by communicating information for product improvements and/or cost savings initiatives.
- Evaluate product issues, provide thorough investigation of the situation, and recommend technical resolution to maintain product standards.
- Consult technical resources (literature, technical papers, and academia) to further product knowledge and apply the learning to execute projects.
- Responsible to ensure Quality is fundamental in execution of all work activities and work in compliance to Parmalat Quality Systems (e.g. Knowledge of quality programs as HACCP, Good Manufacturing Practices, PQMS)
Key Attributes of the Ideal Candidate:
- University degree in Food Science, Microbiology, Chemistry, or related discipline
- College diploma in related discipline
- Eight (8) to ten (10) years’ experience in dairy or food industry
- Thorough knowledge of dairy products and their functionality
- Creative problem solving skills to develop and perform bench-top and pilot plant experiments to achieve the solution
- Ability to apply theories and practice of chemistry/food science/microbiology to lead manufacturing process improvement and/or develop new innovative products.
- Ability to produce accurate documents of experiments in support of Company standards and SR&ED tax credits
- Strong written and interpersonal/communication skills with internal and external sources for technical information and ingredient assistance
- Strong regulatory knowledge including Canada Food Drug Regulation, and Guide to Food Labeling
- Ability to effectively report, communicate results and provide recommendations to the various functions (Operations, Quality, Marketing, and Purchasing)
- Organize and report results using a variety of computer applications (Excel, Microsoft Word, Lotus Notes, Nutritional programs - Genesis)
- Effectively handle multiple projects and the assignments of priorities within the defined project area
- Ability to lead, train and develop direct reports if applicable
- Bilingual French, an asset when applicable
Parmalat is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to the principles of diversity and employment equity. Parmalat strives to ensure that our workforce reflects the diverse nature of Canadian society.
Parmalat is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity or testing, you should advise the member of the Talent Acquisition team in a timely fashion of any disabilities that requires accommodation measures in order to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
This employer is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Fr : Advanced
En : Intermediate
Fr : Advanced
En : Intermediate
Other Parmalat Canada Inc.'s offers that may interest you