This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Why join us?
Are you looking to join an innovative, global real estate company who builds communities and connects people to exceptional places? If so, we would love to tell you our story.At Oxford, our culture is truly one of a kind. Across business lines and around the world, we embrace the complex and tackle opportunities with speed and agility. We are ambitious and humble, forward looking and service-focused. We get stuff done, and have fun doing it! We take great pride in contributing to the communities where we live. We believe that what is good for the environment is good for business. Together we deliver exceptional experiences to our over 2 million daily customers.
We are looking for a highly motivated student to join our Tax team in Toronto for a 12-month term. In this role, you will provide assistance in Oxford's Tax department, focusing on US tax matters. We are looking for someone to join us on a 12-month term starting in May 2021.
You’ll be able to participate in a broad range of tax-related work requiring analysis, assessment, and quantification. You will be a key member of an engaged, high-reaching team-part of a world-class, winning culture that prioritizes people development and focuses on long-term growth. We take great pride in leading the industry by earning respect through every interaction, every day. We go above and beyond to protect and grow relationships by anticipating needs, being honest and considerate, and valuing customers as genuine partners.
As a member of this team, you will be responsible for:
• Assisting with research and analyses of tax issues
• Assisting in making tax payments and maintaining summary and control/tracking documentation
• Researching US federal and state tax notices to determine resolution in conjunction with the relevant tax authority
• Drafting technical memos to file and other tax-related documents to be reviewed by senior staff members
• Assisting the US tax team in all aspects of corporate federal and state tax initiatives
To succeed in this role, you have:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent computer skills
• Currently enrolled in an Accounting and Financial Management program, in 3rd or 4th year
• Dedication to exceptional performance and professionalism
• Strong team player
• Detail-oriented and the ability to consistently produce accurate deliverables
• Strong time-management skills and self-motivation, able to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to research
• Thrive in organizations that constantly evolve and adapt
• Embrace collaborative sharing of knowledge within a teamwork environment
• Driven to achieving results and continuously striving to deliver the highest performance through creative thinking
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Oxford Properties's offers that may interest you