This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Why join us?
This is an opportunity for an individual who wants to be a part of a purpose-driven organization that supports the retirement of over half a million Ontarians. Do you love to tell a good story? Can you crisply and concisely articulate an engaging message that reaches diverse audiences about the value their pension plan provides to them? Do you think-outside-the-box, stay on top of communications trends and love using new technology to share stories? Do you seek out ways to track and analyze how your messages are received to consistently improve your work? If so, we would like to hear from you!
Pension Communications, part of the Employer & Stakeholder Relations team, provides strategic communication advice, writes and delivers relevant, straightforward and engaging communications to our members, employers and stakeholder groups. Our goal is to design and share information to educate the OMERS community about their pension plan, build awareness, and foster trust.
We are looking for an experienced, exceptional writer, passionate about telling a great story, who can draft high-quality and engaging communications across a variety of products that tells a story of our Plan, what OMERS is doing, why we are doing it, and what it means for the audience. Our ideal candidate should possess the ability to meticulously draft, edit and review content. In addition, you must be comfortable in writing for a variety of channels to communicate compelling messages and use research to inform the medium and presentation of those messages. You should have experience developing and analyzing metrics to help drive communication effectiveness. French-language ability is an asset.
The successful candidate will be a key member of an engaged team in an organization that prioritizes people development and focuses on long-term growth. We take great pride in leading the industry by earning respect through every interaction, every day.
As a member of this team, you will be responsible for:
• Drafting, reviewing and editing content to be delivered through a variety of communication channels
• Keeping up to date with the strategic priorities of OMERS, both in the long and short term and ensuring communications across different audiences contain consistent themes and messaging that align with our communications and corporate strategy
• Developing strategic communications plans to engage, inform and educate members, employers and stakeholders
• Gathering, evaluating and applying research / reporting / data to make fact-based recommendations and decisions to strengthen our communication offerings
• Seeking new and effective ways to obtain member, employer and stakeholder feedback which can be used to assess the effectiveness and enhance communication offerings
• Adhering to our writing style guide, with a meticulous attention to detail ensuring that we produce high-quality and error-free copy (e.g., content, grammar, tone, punctuation)
• Working collaboratively with other communications and subject matter experts across OMERS as part of a team-based approach to projects
To succeed in this role, you have:
• Possess a college diploma or university degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or a related field
• Possess a minimum of three years of experience in drafting and editing written communications
• Have excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to convey technical information to non-expert audiences in straightforward and engaging ways, and adapt messaging to target audiences
• Demonstrate superior analytical thinking skills with the ability to analyze complex situations and synthesize relevant information
• Be able to lead projects efficiently, independently and effectively
• Possess strong judgement and high integrity
• Be action-oriented, possess a high degree of initiative, and possess the ability to prioritize multiple tasks with competing tight deadlines
• Be organized, focused, proactive, results and detail oriented
• Have experience with tools such as Figma, Google Analytics, Salesforce Marketing Cloud and Jira
• Be a strategic and creative thinker and possess the ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines
• Possess the ability to be empathetic, build trust/relationships, and connect with teams across OMERS when executing on communication initiatives
The following are considered assets for this opportunity:
• Possess prior experience within the pension or financial services industry
• Bilingual in French (reading, writing) and possessing experience in performing comparative revision between English and French products, and reviewing and editing texts in French
Please include 2-3 writing samples as apart of your application.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Oxford Properties's offers that may interest you