This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Are you looking to join an innovative, global real estate company who builds communities and connects people to exceptional places? If so, we would love to tell you our story.
At Oxford, our culture is truly one of a kind. Across business lines and around the world, we embrace the complex and tackle opportunities with speed and agility. We are ambitious and humble, forward looking and service-focused. We get stuff done, and have fun doing it! We take great pride in contributing to the communities where we live. We believe that what is good for the environment is good for business. Together we deliver exceptional experiences to our over 2 million daily customers.
Why join us?
We are looking for a strong technologist and a doer who is willing to lead by example by being hands on every day as a highly motivated Site Reliability Operations Analyst. The role is expected to perform day to day support for the business with an emphasis on improving reliability of our systems by working alongside of our partners across the board to develop automated and reliable solutions. Using automation will help evolve our systems that will increase our velocity in managing uptime, mitigate risk and scale. We are looking for help supporting the engineers, on the ground as well as on the frontlines, ensuring and enabling the reliability and sustainability on business applications and systems by optimizing, monitoring, and automating deployment, support, and sustainment activities. As a Site Reliability Operations Analyst you are the engine behind Oxford IT’s deployments. You are responsible for crafting, implementing and executing processes to streamline workflows and reduce friction. You track and stabilize projects, remove roadblocks, and anticipate customer needs to free up our engineers to focus their time and attention on the technical problems they are best equipped to solve.
This position requires a combination of project management, process optimization, and execution skills. You are a person who loves fixing problems and always embraces the best idea, even when it is not your own.
Due to the nature of the role, this successful candidate may have to work during off hours for releases (evenings and weekends) with the expectation of on-call availability.
As a member of this team, you will be responsible for
- Delivery of Oxford services (systems availability) to clients (internal and external)
- Work on many different types of problems and challenges. You might be supporting a deployment at a large, global customer one day, and switching to something else across the world to help with a new project.
- Be the first responder when things go wrong. Even if a problem is outside your area of expertise, you make the first move to fix it, and only ask for help when we’ve exhausted all that we can possibly do
- Craft and implement process to reduce friction and enable all team members to spend their time on what they do best.
- Think creatively, work collaboratively, and do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Participate in problem resolution and root cause analysis
- Implementing a program of work to establish the System Reliability Engineering practice into our technical practice
- Creating and maintaining our network and infrastructure diagrams in conjunction with support from our vendors
- Keeping key stakeholders updated of all improvement initiatives undertaken
- Communicating support process issues or product issues arising from escalation so the business can continue without issues and minimal disruption
- Provide oversight and direction on application sustainability
- Creating process benchmarks which will feed into baseline trending reports and documentation for new scripts, new configurations, patch set levels, etc
- Defining implementation and contingency plan for system upgrade and providing impact analysis and recommendation for system updates
- Monitoring tools and system analytics to quickly diagnose the root cause of system issues
- Creating and re-enforcing the use of checklists for routine tasks to ensure consistency of task delivery
- Creating and maintaining currency of operational runbooks for components so known issues are not re-encountered by other team members
- Developing and implementing logging and system monitoring best practices, standards and guidelines
To succeed in this role, you have
- A passion for excellence in IT Services & Automation
- Experience managing, deploying, and troubleshooting, large scale production environments
- Exposure to the ITIL framework
- Experience with DevOps tooling
- Experience working in SWAT teams for critical incidents will be preferred.
- High degree of expertise and experience in Communication (verbal & written) and Negotiation skills/Documentation Skills
- IT Operations Management knowledge
- Proficient Operational knowledge of ITSM support tooling like ServiceNow
- Good understanding of Project Management principals
- Experience building Continual Improvement Plans
- Background in Strategic thinking and planning for IT organizations
- Performance Management experience - capacity planning, senior analysis skills, process design
- Proven yourself to be a Self-Starter
- Analytical ability - metrics, KPIs, reporting, risk analysis, corrective action, account plan, cure plan
- Experience working with Agile methodologies, Cloud and DevOps
- Experience working with networking protocols and technologies such as routing, DNS, network peering, encryption, authentication and authorization
- Experience working with developing and monitoring SLOs and SLAs
- Interest in operating systems, containers and deploying highly-reliable, mission-critical software at scale.
- Extraordinary judgment and composure in high-pressure situations
- A creative approach to project management centered around lightweight frameworks that enable rapid iteration and low-overhead methods of keeping our customers informed
- Excellent customer service skills
- A real passion for developing strong partnerships with customers
- Meticulous attention to detail, including maintaining accurate records and diligently tracking key project metrics
- Enthusiasm for working on site with customers and/or supporting internal projects and senior leadership, bringing order and efficiency to critical internal initiatives
- Ability to travel 25 - 75% required
Oxford Properties Group connects people to exceptional places, and is the owner, developer and manager of some of the world’s best real estate assets. Established in 1960, it manages approximately C$60 billion of assets across the globe on behalf of its co-owners and investment partners. Oxford’s portfolio encompasses office, retail, industrial, hotels and multifamily residential and spans more than 100 million square feet in global gateway cities across four continents. A highly disciplined and thematic investor, Oxford invests in properties, portfolios, development sites, debt, securities and platform opportunities across the risk-reward spectrum. With its global headquarters in Toronto, Oxford operates out of over 15 regional offices including New York, London, Luxembourg, Singapore and Sydney. Its long-term approach to real estate investment aligns Oxford’s interests to its customers and the communities in which it operates. Oxford is owned by OMERS, the defined benefit pension plan for Ontario's municipal employees.
OMERS is committed to having a workforce that reflects the communities in which we live and work. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a barrier-free recruitment and selection process. At OMERS inclusion and diversity means belonging. How we create a sense of belonging is through our employees and our vast network of Employee Resource Groups. Whether you are passionate about gender, pride, or visible minorities, we have groups that are focused on making a difference in all of our lives.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Oxford Properties's offers that may interest you