This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Are you looking to join a dynamic pension plan that embodies the strong values of its 500,000 members and is an industry leading global investor? If so, we would love to tell you our story.
At OMERS we put our people first and are proud to embrace the diversity of thought and leadership that comes from having locations in Toronto, London, New York, Singapore, Sydney and other major cities across North America and Europe. Our culture is truly one of a kind. We get stuff done, and have fun doing it! We take great pride in contributing to the communities where we live with an ever-constant eye to the global investment markets.
The Product and Technology team is an exciting new team focused on leveraging the newest technologies and approaches to deliver solutions & systems for the modern-day end user. Our primary focus and commitment is to provide real value and we encourage innovation and empower open-thinking for all our team members. We’re excited for the opportunity to have highly driven and impactful talent join our team!
You will be a key member of an engaged, high-reaching team-part of a world-class, winning culture that prioritizes people development and focuses on long-term growth. We take great pride in leading the industry by earning respect through every interaction, every day. We go above and beyond to protect and grow relationships by anticipating needs, being honest and considerate, and valuing customers as genuine partners.
As a member of this team, you will be responsible for:
•Promoting and supporting product delivery teams by helping everyone understand the theory, practices, rules, and values of Scrum and other agile frameworks
• Implementing agile ceremonies, processes, practices, and tools to create simple, consistent, sustainable, efficient and flexible ways of working, coaching teams to become self-sufficient and self-organized.
• Leading, influencing, and coaching others on best practices
• Understanding the work of development teams, ensuring teams are cross functional and empowered to report on their progress while helping to address any impediments that are impacting them
• Fostering a culture of collaboration within the team, promoting team building and ensuring team engagement
• Ensuring teams can work in the open, helping Product Owners and squads communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders
• Building opportunities for discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution into standard work process for your teams, facilitating ad-hoc sessions for decision making and conflict resolution as necessary.
• Inspiring and coaching others to adopt agile processes and improvements through retrospectives
• Facilitating daily scrum, sprint planning, sprint demo and retrospective meetings and adapting process as required to maximize each team’s success
• Tracking and reporting metrics and KPIs, and providing insights as to how the team can improve
• Ensuring teams create, maintain, and share knowledge artifacts as necessary to ensure product sustainability and communicate important detail to stakeholders
• Driving continuous improvement and change, acting as a change agent to adapt processes to maximize productivity throughout the project lifecycle
• Collaborating with your fellow scrum masters to effectively design and deliver cross team ceremonies such as program increment planning. Working together to document how agile works in OMERS.
To succeed in this role, you have:
• 4+ years Scrum Master in an agile environment, applying a recognized agile framework such as Scrum, xP, Lean Kanban, etc.
• Outstanding organizational skills with the ability to apply agile principles, tools and techniques to lead, manage and help teams execute successful digital software product development
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills, with an ability to communicate effectively in person, video or in writing.
• An exceptional initiative to look ahead and plan, and to pave the road for the team
• A strong grasp of modern development technologies, automated testing, development lifecycles, flows and system integration patterns
• The ability to coach/advocate at multiple levels (i.e., team members, Product Owners, etc.)
• The ability to encourage an environment where open communication and collaborative problem solving can pave the way for faster removal of any impediments
Founded in 1962, OMERS is one of Canada’s largest defined benefit pension plans, with $105 billion in net assets as at December 31, 2020. OMERS is a jointly-sponsored pension plan, with 1,000 participating employers ranging from large cities to local agencies, and over half a million active, deferred and retired members. OMERS members include union and non-union employees of municipalities, school boards, local boards, transit systems, electrical utilities, emergency services and children’s aid societies across Ontario. Contributions to the Plan are funded equally by members and employers. OMERS teams work in Toronto, London, New York, Amsterdam, Luxembourg, Singapore, Sydney and other major cities across North America and Europe - serving members and employers and originating and managing a diversified portfolio of high-quality investments in public markets, private equity, infrastructure and real estate.
OMERS is committed to having a workforce that reflects the communities in which we live and work. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a barrier-free recruitment and selection process. At OMERS inclusion and diversity means belonging. How we create a sense of belonging is through our employees and our vast network of Employee Resource Groups. Whether you are passionate about gender, pride, or visible minorities, we have groups that are focused on making a difference in all of our lives.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Oxford Properties's offers that may interest you