This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Why join us?
Are you looking to join a dynamic pension plan that embodies the strong values of its 500,000 members and is an industry leading global investor? If so, we would love to tell you our story.At OMERS we put our people first and are proud to embrace the diversity of thought and leadership that comes from having locations in Toronto, London, New York, Singapore, Sydney and other major cities across North America and Europe. Our culture is truly one of a kind. We get stuff done, and have fun doing it! We take great pride in contributing to the communities where we live with an ever-constant eye to the global investment markets.
As a Quantitative Analyst, Global Credit, at OMERS Capital Markets, you’ll be part of a high performing team. Our culture is one of a kind. We get stuff done, and have fun doing it. We take great pride in contributing to the communities where we live.
Credit is a key pillar of OMERS investment strategy, representing approximately 20% of OMERS balance sheet and providing a solid and reliable income stream. Global Credit brings together a team that invests across the capital structure in various industry sectors and geographies, with the goal of selecting strong risk-return investment opportunities.
At OMERS, you can expect:
• Collaboration with colleagues and leaders who offer diverse experiences and expertise in a supportive environment
• The opportunity to develop and grow your investment expertise while being a part of an engaged team of investors committed to meeting the pension promise
• Ongoing learning, mentorship, and networking opportunities
As a member of this team, you will be responsible for:
• Researching strategy improvements such as new factors or enhancements to existing factors, portfolio construction, and risk management
• Collecting data and related database maintenance
• Developing tools to automate implementation and back-testing of investment ideas
• Performance analysis, attribution, monitoring, and reporting
• Contributing to the research efforts across all credit strategies within the Global Credit program
To succeed in this role, you have:
• Must be enrolled in University or College
• Currently pursuing an undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar program
• Proven track record of strong academic and extracurricular achievements
• Strong object-oriented programming skills (C#, C++, Python or Java)
• Knowledge of SQL and experience with large data sets
• Excellent analytical skills and a high attention to detail
• Interest and knowledge of global financial and capital markets
• Interest in quantitative strategies and factor investing
• Commitment to learning and intellectual curiosity, with a passion for investing
• Excellent interpersonal skills, with strong written and verbal communication skills.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Oxford Properties's offers that may interest you