This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Are you looking to join a dynamic pension plan that embodies the strong values of its 500,000 members and is an industry leading global investor? If so, we would love to tell you our story.
At OMERS we put our people first and are proud to embrace the diversity of thought and leadership that comes from having locations in Toronto, London, New York, Singapore, Sydney and other major cities across North America and Europe. Our culture is truly one of a kind. We get stuff done, and have fun doing it! We take great pride in contributing to the communities where we live with an ever-constant eye to the global investment markets.
The Projects and Reporting Team provides oversight that will drive standards, consistency and best practices to ensure all business areas impacted are compliant and implementation of new initiatives are successful. The team is also responsible for analysis and delivery of data insights, dashboards and performance metrics, including the quarterly Pension Services Report, and will serve as a data gateway to ensure proper due diligence and security protocols are undertaken in the production of pension data and its transmittal within and outside of OMERS.
As a member of this team, you will be responsible for:
• Lead project work on a number of special initiatives (e.g., operationalization of changes to pension plan rules, modernization of various pension administration processes to evolve with changing requirements and environments), and ensure that they are executed effectively and efficiently, based on appropriate project governance
• Plan, lead and manage cross-department initiatives, ensuring all activities are understood and completed in sequence accurately and on a timely basis, while ensuring high-quality results
• Perform regular project monitoring activities, including setting up meeting cadence, preparation of meeting minutes, developing action items, task completion, adherence to testing and documentation disciplines, and project reporting needs
• Assist in the development of strategies and tools to deliver on the mandate and objectives of the Projects and Reporting team
• Support any other initiatives within Pension Operations, as required
To succeed in this role, you have:
• 5 years of experience in leading or supporting business projects
• Experience in management consulting and/or in-house strategy will be considered an asset
• Strong project management skills, including excellent ability to multi-task, prioritize, influence, manage cross-functional project teams and drive multiple initiatives forward
• Strong written and oral communication skills, including preparation of presentation decks
• Strong attention to detail
• Able to work independently and as part of a team
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
• Ability to learn new tools and understand technical acumen
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications with a deep skill in Excel and PowerPoint
• Working knowledge of JIRA and Confluence will be considered an assetOur story:
Founded in 1962, OMERS is one of Canada’s largest defined benefit pension plans, with $105 billion in net assets as at December 31, 2020. OMERS is a jointly-sponsored pension plan, with 1,000 participating employers ranging from large cities to local agencies, and over half a million active, deferred and retired members. OMERS members include union and non-union employees of municipalities, school boards, local boards, transit systems, electrical utilities, emergency services and children’s aid societies across Ontario. Contributions to the Plan are funded equally by members and employers. OMERS teams work in Toronto, London, New York, Amsterdam, Luxembourg, Singapore, Sydney and other major cities across North America and Europe - serving members and employers and originating and managing a diversified portfolio of high-quality investments in public markets, private equity, infrastructure and real estate.
OMERS is committed to having a workforce that reflects the communities in which we live and work. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a barrier-free recruitment and selection process. At OMERS inclusion and diversity means belonging. How we create a sense of belonging is through our employees and our vast network of Employee Resource Groups. Whether you are passionate about gender, pride, or visible minorities, we have groups that are focused on making a difference in all of our lives.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Oxford Properties's offers that may interest you