This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Are you looking to join a dynamic pension plan that embodies the strong values of its 500,000 members and is an industry leading global investor? If so, we would love to tell you our story.
At OMERS we put our people first and are proud to embrace the diversity of thought and leadership that comes from having locations in Toronto, London, New York, Singapore, Sydney and other major cities across North America and Europe. Our culture is truly one of a kind. We get stuff done, and have fun doing it! We take great pride in contributing to the communities where we live with an ever-constant eye to the global investment markets.
As a member of this team, you will be responsible for:
• Engaging Finance business clients to elicit business requirements and understand objectives
• Documenting business requirements by understanding the current state and future state using agile and traditional methodologies
• Conducting gap analysis to propose process improvements and convert business requirements into functional specifications, use cases and test cases
• Understanding and communicating financial and operational impact of any changes
• Building and maintaining strong working relationships with clients, teams and partners
• Managing partners’ expectations throughout the requirement gathering phase
• Collaborating with Finance, process excellence and technology teams to recommend and develop solutions for identified business requirements and needs
• Providing support to projects and Project Managers, including leading smaller initiatives
• Documenting and maintaining complete understanding of functional and non-functional areas
• Contributing to the ongoing improvement of process and system literacy and skills of Finance teams
• Communicating the effects of the changes to the associated parties and coordinate with partners on uncontrolled changes or deviation of project scope
To succeed in this role, you have:
• Minimum of 5 years of experience working as a Business Analyst on projects of varying complexity
• Experience with enterprise Finance processes and systems (e.g. Oracle EBS)
• Proficiency in Financial principles, processes and practices
• Experience mapping business processes and driving business process improvements
• Experience of applying innovative solutions and working with stakeholders to challenge the status quo
• Robust understanding of agile and traditional PM methodologies
• Clear understanding of the difference between needs and wants
• Superb communication and interpersonal skills to work with different personas
• Knowledge of systems development life cycle, change management, IT processes and ability to translate complex technical concepts into easily understood business language
• Experience collaborating with project delivery and technology teams to deliver business solutions
• Strong ability to manage multiple priorities, work under pressure to meet deadlines
• University degree or equivalent
Nice to Have:
• Exposure to Analytical tools such as Power BI, Tableau or similar tools
• Process excellence certification (i.e. Lean Six Sigma, etc.)
Founded in 1962, OMERS is one of Canada’s largest defined benefit pension plans, with $105 billion in net assets as at December 31, 2020. OMERS is a jointly-sponsored pension plan, with 1,000 participating employers ranging from large cities to local agencies, and over half a million active, deferred and retired members. OMERS members include union and non-union employees of municipalities, school boards, local boards, transit systems, electrical utilities, emergency services and children’s aid societies across Ontario. Contributions to the Plan are funded equally by members and employers. OMERS teams work in Toronto, London, New York, Amsterdam, Luxembourg, Singapore, Sydney and other major cities across North America and Europe - serving members and employers and originating and managing a diversified portfolio of high-quality investments in public markets, private equity, infrastructure and real estate.
OMERS is committed to having a workforce that reflects the communities in which we live and work. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a barrier-free recruitment and selection process. At OMERS inclusion and diversity means belonging. How we create a sense of belonging is through our employees and our vast network of Employee Resource Groups. Whether you are passionate about gender, pride, or visible minorities, we have groups that are focused on making a difference in all of our lives.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Oxford Properties's offers that may interest you