This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Are you looking to join a dynamic pension plan that embodies the strong values of its 500,000 members and is an industry leading global investor? If so, we would love to tell you our story.
At OMERS we put our people first and are proud to embrace the diversity of thought and leadership that comes from having locations in Toronto, London, New York, Singapore, Sydney and other major cities across North America and Europe. Our culture is truly one of a kind. We get stuff done, and have fun doing it! We take great pride in contributing to the communities where we live with an ever-constant eye to the global investment markets.
In this role, you will be responsible for creating and maintaining technical designs and architectural artifacts for the organization’s business solutions that adhere to corporate and industry technical and security best practices. Included in these architectural artifacts are data flows, application information models, deployment models, etc.
You’ll be engaging with business, engineering, DevOps, infrastructure and security leaders during the all phases of the development lifecycle to ensure the solutions meets business requirements and adheres to technical design and architectural standards. You will be a key leader of an engaged, high-reaching team-part of a world-class, winning culture that prioritizes people development and focuses on long-term growth. We take great pride in leading the industry by earning respect through every interaction, every day. We go above and beyond to protect and grow relationships by anticipating needs, being honest and considerate, and valuing customers as genuine partners.
As a member of this team, you will be responsible for:
- SME of Application Architecture (both from development and Data perspective) for all Pensions systems
- Develop, implement best practices/methodologies from application architecture perspective
- Become a thought leader and trusted advisor for development teams helping them build state of the art modern applications
- Collaborate with other Architects in solution architecture team to come up with solutions, flows, documents as well as work on technical evaluations with vendors
- Responsible for developing and publishing application & data architecture diagrams/artifacts and present them to other teams/SMEs like Business stakeholders, Security, Enterprise Architecture, Product, Development and DevOps teams
- Responsible for application data modelling, data classification, data security, data encryption, data migration(preferred) for both relational and NoSQL databases
- Accountable for solutions design meeting performance, interoperability, security and controls defined by business requirements
- Manage the review and analysis of existing applications effectiveness and efficiency, and then develop strategies for improving or leveraging these systems
- Accountable for new software integrations into company systems meet functional requirements, system compliance, and interface specifications
To succeed in this role, you have:
- University degree Bachelor or Master (preferred) in the field of computer science, information systems with 7+ years of overall experience, and least 3 years of application architect responsibilities
- Experience building fast, reliable microservices based applications at an enterprise scale using patterns such as CQRS, Circuit Breaker, Service Discovery, Polyglot persistence, Anti-corruption layer
- Extensive experience building contemporary cloud-native architecture and service development: Designing composite solutions through service integrations in a multitenant cloud(preferably Google Cloud)
- Experience developing applications with Google Cloud Platform using technologies such as React, NextJS, Spring Boot, Apache Kafka, PostgreSQL, Cloud SQL, Cloud Data Store, MongoDB, Cloud Pub/Sub
- Experienced developing and documenting application component designs, patterns, flows (including application flows, data flows, authN/authZ flows)
- Experience working with CI/CD methodology, following application best practices and deploying software onto Kubernetes (preferably GKE)/other cloud workloads
- Experience developing/working with workflow management technologies such as Zeebe, Camunda, Netflix Conductor an asset
- Proven ability to meet aggressive deadlines and work under pressure
- Experience in overseeing the direction, development, code reviews and implementing application best practices
- A good understanding of application security concepts and best practices such as 12 factor apps
Nice to have:
- Certifications - Google Cloud Engineer, Google Data Engineer, Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD)
Founded in 1962, OMERS is one of Canada’s largest defined benefit pension plans, with $105 billion in net assets as at December 31, 2020. OMERS is a jointly-sponsored pension plan, with 1,000 participating employers ranging from large cities to local agencies, and over half a million active, deferred and retired members. OMERS members include union and non-union employees of municipalities, school boards, local boards, transit systems, electrical utilities, emergency services and children’s aid societies across Ontario. Contributions to the Plan are funded equally by members and employers. OMERS teams work in Toronto, London, New York, Amsterdam, Luxembourg, Singapore, Sydney and other major cities across North America and Europe - serving members and employers and originating and managing a diversified portfolio of high-quality investments in public markets, private equity, infrastructure and real estate.
OMERS is committed to having a workforce that reflects the communities in which we live and work. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a barrier-free recruitment and selection process. At OMERS inclusion and diversity means belonging. How we create a sense of belonging is through our employees and our vast network of Employee Resource Groups. Whether you are passionate about gender, pride, or visible minorities, we have groups that are focused on making a difference in all of our lives.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Oxford Properties's offers that may interest you