This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Click here to apply as an internal applicant.
Req ID: 101989
Location: Eastern Zone, Cape Breton Regional Hospital
Department: MHA EZ Community Based Services
Type of Employment: Permanent Hourly FT (100% FTE) x 1 position(s)
Union Status: Healthcare NSGEU
Posting Closing Date: 30-Apr-21
Applications are accepted until 11:59 PM on the Closing Date.
Nova Scotia Health Authority is the largest provider of health services in Nova Scotia. We are over 22,000 employees who provide health care and support services in hospitals, health centres and community-based programs throughout Nova Scotia.
Nova Scotia Health Authority provides health services to Nova Scotians and some specialized services to Maritimers and Atlantic Canadians. We operate hospitals, health centres and community-based programs across the province. Our team of health professionals includes employees, doctors, researchers, learners and volunteers that provide the health care or services you may need. This is accomplished across four geographic management zones which are responsible for the operation of acute care health centres and the provision of a variety of inpatient, outpatient services including academic, tertiary, quaternary care and community based programs and services including continuing care, primary health care, public health, and mental health and addictions.
Reporting to the Manager of Adult Outpatient Mental Health & Addictions, the Psychologist provides services to adults aged 19 yrs and older. The psychologist will function as a primary therapist within a multidisciplinary team and will be involved in the planning, development and evaluation of the treatment planning for clients utilizing both individual therapy and group treatment models. The Psychologist will be expected to assess, diagnose and consult on complex presenting issues including concurrent disorders, borderline personality disorders and trauma. The psychologist will also act as a clinical leader and provide collaborative treatment planning and supervision of other members of the team.
- Doctoral degree in Clinical Psychology from an educational institution acceptable to the Nova Scotia Board of Examiners in Psychology.
- Registered, or eligible for registration with the Nova Scotia Board of Examiners in Psychology.
- Three (3) years clinical training and experience in providing psychological services to adults with mental health & concurrent disorders.
- Knowledge of the DSM and ability to use to assess and diagnose common mental health disorders (e.g. anxiety, depression) and the ability to identify and refer on more severe disorders (e.g. psychosis, bipolar).
- Diagnostic experience completing mental health assessments and implementing evidence based treatment plans.
- Demonstrated ability in cognitive behaviour therapy, group therapy and brief therapy models.
- Experience providing supervision.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in working collaboratively and cooperatively as part of a multi-disciplinary team within a flexible work schedule and environment.
- Exemplary ability to coordinate the development of effective linkages with other agencies as needed.
- Demonstrated experience in crisis and suicide risk assessment and intervention.
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills.
- Willing to participate in clinical training activities.
- The ability to work with a high degree of autonomy in a manner consistent with the policies and standards of Mental Health and Addictions Services and Cape Breton District Health Authority.
- Competencies in other languages an asset, French preferred
- Successful Applicants are required to provide a Criminal Record Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search) to People Services before starting employment and assume any associated costs as a condition of employment
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants relying on education and experience equivalencies must clearly state such equivalencies in their cover letter, resume, or application. Additionally, candidates will not be considered for an interview if applications are incomplete or are missing information.
Hours of Work
Permanent Full-time (100%) Position; 75.00 Hours Bi-weekly.
Travel and evening hours may be required.
Recruitment incentives and relocation may be offered to the successful candidates based on qualifying criteria.
Psychologist PhD (HTH067):
$53.74 - $59.71 hourly
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Typically interviews are held within three to four weeks of the closing date.
Successful external applicants will be required to submit the below documents and assume any associated costs as a condition of employment. Additional documentation such as banking & proof of identity will be included in your offer letter.
- Criminal Record Check
- Proof of education & training certifications
- Proof of any additional required qualification
- Valid registration with the relevant licensing body
- Submission of immunization record along with health assessment documentation
- Proof of SIN number
Hiring Process will depend on the timeliness of delivering the above. This is a Healthcare bargaining unit - NSGEU position. Preference is given to bargaining unit employees for unionized positions. Nova Scotia Health Authority is proud to provide a smoke free and scent free environment. Only online applications are accepted.
Nova Scotia Health Authority (NSHA) is committed to being a workforce that is free of discrimination, values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. Our priority groups are Aboriginal People, African Nova Scotians, Persons with Disabilities and Recent Immigrants. Members of these groups are welcome to apply and self-identify if they wish to be considered under our Employment Equity policy.
Follow us on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/NSHA.Recruitment/
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Nova Scotia Health Authority's offers that may interest you